Help ID:Sci-fi book with religious undertones

iyiyi

Hey,

So I'm trying to track down a book that I borrowed from a friend quite a while ago:

At the beginning it starts with a young girl sneaking through the air ducts. She comes upon a group of politicans or heads of their corporation or something talking and she is exposed by a male a couple years older than she it because he's a telepath. She gets sent back to wherever she was trying to leave. Years later I guess she's grown and is in charge of something or other and is doing well. (She's not a telelpath)

Long story short throughout the series she falls in love with this guy, and ends up marrying him. After/ during / shortly before the ceremony she finds out he's a big deal in his culture/ race/ religion bc a Christ figure is to come from his lineage. He's also one of the strongest telepaths, although that's known much sooner. oh and many ppl want him gone bc of this but is highly valued by his ppl.

Later in the series he is hit by a rock or something while space traveling or fighting or something and knocks out his telepathic connection with his wife. Turns out something essentially sucked all his power out of him and left him floating in space. Fortuneately one of the other females takes the heroine out to find his pod. And he's still alive. YEAH! end of series.

I think. Unfortunately there's TONS of other stuff in there and I can't remember what it is, and I can't remember the name, author or anything. And being a girl I can recall the romantic plot reasonably well considering the time it's been since I've read it.

Don't think that it'll help but I seem to remember the book being paper back, but thick- maybe a 3 books in one series book and purple-ish blue with faces or something on the front.

I don't think it's a super popular book bc I've been through my local library search engine and barnes and nobles without any luck. I think that the book was written in the 90s to 2000s but I can't be sure.