Discussion Thread - SEVENTY-FIVE WORD WRITING CHALLENGE March 2013

You're doing a great job of reviewing (I did wonder what happened to you). And thank you for cool review on me.

Thank YOU! It's very nice to know that people appreciate it. One of my favourite things about this contest is reading the comments about my writing, so I figured if I really enjoyed it, then chances are others do too.

Thanks for the review, AlcubierreWarp. :)

My pleasure. I really thought the play with Dr. Heisenberg was clever.

Perpetual Man, Alcubierre Warp, Victoria Silverwolf and Starbeast.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my story! And everyone elses too for that matter - I enjoy reading all your pleasing insights. Your (super)powers of perception are being put to good use! :)

I haven't been around much lately, but I couldn't resist this challenge. My WIP is CF, and this gave me a chance to write a possible short passage several chapters further into the novel. It's something that will have to happen, but I think I dreaded finally getting there. That is possibly why I've stalled on it. I hope I've implied enough of the backstory to make sense standing on its own.

TDZ - *snicker* Brilliant! No other words for it.

hopewrites, I'll never be able to listen to Nat King Cole again, without thinking of your version of that song. :)

Some really good entries, as ever.

Last edited:

Azzagorn
– Finally! A story where the hero dies….or did he? Although I have no doubt that the hero will somehow make a miraculous recovery as they usually do, it is refreshing to finally see the villain win for once.

Thanks AW, You'll have to wait and see if there is a comeback... Though the Huntsman May return :cool:

[QUOTE

jastius
– I guess the consolation for being eaten alive is that at least you did good in the world.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much, AlcubierreWarp, what a lovely kind review and I loved the consolation comment! :)

Ugh. I've been away a couple weeks, trying to get my ethics course finished. Time to face the music and catch up with my reviews. Prepare yourselves for an epically long post.

Break a leg on your bookwork there, AW. I just finished an ethics course also! :)

Good job on the reviews as well.
And you are right on about the characters reversing roles. That was the idea.

Anne Martin -- an evocative taste of a much more complex tale, which leaves the reader wondering about the backstory and the consequences to come.

The DustyZebra -- perfectly captures the narrator's voice in this hilarious twist on a familiar story.

hopewrites -- uses a familiar song to paint a darkly romantic relationship

Oddly enough, although I thought I had a story a couple of days ago, it wouldn't gel. Then this afternoon it did, but came out far too long to condense satisfactorily in seventy-five words. (Had that month finally arrived when I was going to get a black note - for non-submission - in Chrispy's spreadsheet?)

At least I believed it was impossible until I decided to take a flyer on a flyer. (Rather appropriate for a couple of "superheroes", I think.)

Anyway, the very most I can be accused of is fly-posting....

You're right, Karn, but it would be a shame to break a perfect record, as I have with the voting :)o), having foolishly missed one month.

I have to admit that, like a lot of months, there were a fair percentage of stories that I just didn't understand despite reading them more than once. But one story stood out like a beacon for me and that's where my vote went - TDZ's Impossible Relationships.

Bob senior -- an ironic, cynical twist on heroism

It was too difficult to come up with a short list this time, but one story stood out for its originality, clarity, style, and completeness.

My vote goes to "Dubious Distinction" by Abernovo

Grr! When did Chrons come back up! I've had my story ready for 3 days but I couldn't log on. I think I'm going to go somewhere and sulk.

Back