Different ways to address an emperor

allmywires

I'm running out of words. I have several characters that, to curry favour with those in charge. Things like 'my greatness', 'my lord', 'his holiness' etc etc. Except I'm quickly running out of ways to refer to them. Any suggestions? I have a feeling that 'my esteemed one' isn't going to catch on...

Your Imperial Majesty. Got that from wiki.

My lovely/lover? Too westcountry? :p

My Magnificent Emperor of Awesome.

What is the personality of the emperor? That is, would they put up with someone being a bit... daft? Also, what is the personality of the person saying the title thingy?

Your Grace.

Your Imperial Highness (shortened to 'Highness' for those who speak with him often).

What is the personality of the emperor? That is, would they put up with someone being a bit... daft? Also, what is the personality of the person saying the title thingy?

At the moment, he's not quite emperor (daddy's on his deathbed) but everyone treats him that way. The person saying so...either a brown-nosing do-gooder or a sarky type. (Bet you can guess who).

So I wouldn't be using it tooooo much but the brown-noser ends all his sentences with it and is quite dialogue-heavy at the mo.

Ah... so I reckon you can get really creative then if Alberto's saying stuff!

I know a lot of high-ranking noble types often have more than one title, so the emperor could be the Lord of Such-and-Such House, Duke of Over-There-Province, Prince of This-City-or-Other, et cetera. I've also got a niggling little memory that some empirical rulers are often given titles insinuating there general greatness, Master of the Four Winds, Grand Commander of the Great Big Army, Father of the People... you get the idea. So in my head I hear sarcastic appellations tagged onto the end of dialoge -

"Right away, oh most glorious almost-Emperor!"

Sounds fun, best of luck with it :)

The Queen is, 'Your Majesty,' the first time and, 'Ma'am,' subsequently (all but her family use this form of address at all times). Her father was, 'Your Majesty/Sir.'

Scottish Kings were, 'Your Grace,' then, 'My Liege /Sire'.

An Emperor would technically be, 'Your Imperial Majesty,' an Imperial Highness would be his eldest son, the Heir Apparent, but your kingdom may have different protocols.

The Emperor will have decided his own title, and while he may tolerate the uneducated using a different form of address, he will expect this at all times, and anyone entering his presence will be instructed in the correct form.

There will be no variation, so I suggest, 'Your Imperial Majesty,' on the first occasion, and, 'Sire,' OR, 'My Liege,' subsequently - NOBODY shortens the address in any circumstances and outright flattery is rarely tolerated.

Your Supreme Divinity?

If you want sarcasm, "Your Omnipotence" (can be shortened to "Your Impotence" as required), or "Your Omniscience."

*hastily scribbles down into spare word document*

Thanks everyone, some snicker-inducing ones here ;)