Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Competitions? Where best to learn about them?

Tecdavid

Verdentia's Gardener
This site will surely be suffering no shortage of
So, I did a quick Google search on writing competitions in Scotland, and the results were rather mismatched. Some were centred around genres I have no practice in, others were about screenwriting more so than literature, and others still were utterly out of date.
So I want to ask: Is there perhaps a website that lists and describes writing events and competitions? A place we could visit to learn about upcoming ones quickly and easily?

The only one I really know about is Duotrope, which is a good resource generally for places to submit your story. It has a tick box for competitions in the search. It usually has a description and a link to the website too, and is kept updated.

I'm not sure, but Ralan might also have a section on competitions. Either way, it's a similarly useful website for submission information.

Hope these are helpful.

Hey I too noticed the lack of Sci Fi writing competitions, here is one though. Starting running it about six months ago. £50 quarterly prize, but entry is free. The Magazine is called Dark Places Magazine. You can google it.