Loncon 3 2014

Sometimes bad decisions turn out for the best. I went to a session on British SF magazines, which turned out to be a lovefest for days of Interzone gone by. I bugged out halfway through and tried the Interplanetary Society's lectures,becuaseI wanted to listen to Alaister Reynolds whio wouldn't be speaking for another 40 mins or so.

Just as well. I caught and interesting talk in between and found out the queue outside for Alaister was a hundred meters long, or more. when he came on, those of us already in the room were lucky as very few new places were vacated and most of the people who wanted to hear him were unlucky. If the discussion on British SF mags had been better, I'd have been one of those in the queue. So all's for the best in this best of all possible cons.

I've met another Chon (who's off buying me a beer at the moment... thanks, Chris).

JonH 2.jpg
ChrispyCon 2.jpg
And – I missed getting a photo of the ravishing KMQ again (who had red hair today)

Still:-

'Twasn't the black stuff; at least mine wasn't. Hobgoblin is an ale, so perhaps the pouring wasn't as substandard as you might think.

Just been to the Hugos with some good choices made (IMHO). Presumably these are all out in cyberspace by now, so there's no point in my telling you. I will say I'm glad Charles Stross got the Novella award, as he didn't get the novel for which I thought he was a strong contender.

Alas I can't stay for the party. The tubes run really badly on Sundays and I didn't get home until three on Friday night, so you can image what it would be like trying to cross the city on public transport tonight.

One more day to go. Until tomorrow -- evening all.

Back home. Totally shattered. Walked miles. Got vertigo once or twice lol. Damn those floors that seemed to balance over nothing. Met up with lots of folk. Old friends and new.

Glad you all enjoyed it, gutted I couldn't go. Just can't afford the hotels + travel from the Highlands at the moment.

However, I'll be there for whatever is on at Easter. :)

One of the best weekends of my life. I had a blast.

That was good but hard work. All the workshops seem to have gone OK. Been asked to run a writing workshop at Eastercon next year (@Heathrow) so here's an early heads-up about that.

Wow, what happened Brian? This placed changed...

And I can;t get stuff to work, like quoting and stuff but that's prolly cos I R Techno Idiot

*waves to chris*

And purple, damn it, it was purple hair...

:D :D

All right, purple, if that's what it's called. Not the same as Brighton, anyway. And I failed (again) to take of you; it must have been your radiant beauty which distracted me :rolleyes:. And we're all on a learning curve, 'specially those of us who are too ancient to have known computers in their youth.
IanPanel.jpg

No, that's not KMQ.