Loncon 3 2014

I keep looking at the Loncon3 program and going, yes, I would like to go to that panel, but wait it clashes with this panel and, oh no, that panel. It's going to be so much fun!

Loncon 3 Guide

Ill be there from Wednesday onwards: dealers room and bar, my natural habitats. :D

I'll hopefully be joining you for your Literary Beer slot on the Thursday, Ian. I'm not sure what it's all about but it seems to involve beer and books so it's got my vote :)

And I know what you mean SJAB. So many intriguing sounding panels and events and no way to attend them all. A tricky juggling match.

Looking forward to the BwB party on Saturday night as well :cool:

I'll hopefully be joining you for your Literary Beer slot on the Thursday, Ian. I'm not sure what it's all about but it seems to involve beer and books so it's got my vote :)

And I know what you mean SJAB. So many intriguing sounding panels and events and no way to attend them all. A tricky juggling match.

Looking forward to the BwB party on Saturday night as well :cool:

Winters Sorrow, I've no idea what this is all about either but have reached the same conclusions... Beer, books and conversation: yup, think I can cope. :)

Sue, yes, Helen will be attending for the whole weekend too.

By the way, speaking of beer, wine (well, the two go together), books, etc... I will be launching a fistful of new titles at a party 4.30 to 5.30 on the Friday. Loads of authors and artists will be there, eager to chat, sign, or just hang out. Free wine, free beer, great company... and books!! What's not to love?

Everyone's welcome.

For those on FB, details (and info on some of the authors attending) can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/371208319693810/?notif_t=plan_user_joined

Free wine, free beer

Sold.

and books!!

Yes, of course. Books. That's really what sold it....

Ill be there from Wednesday onwards: dealers room and bar, my natural habitats.

I thought it started on Thursday. I've only been to one day of a Worldcon before (Glasgow, twenty years ago) so is there a secret first day only those in the know get to go to?

I thought it started on Thursday. I've only been to one day of a Worldcon before (Glasgow, twenty years ago) so is there a secret first day only those in the know get to go to?

It does open from Thursday but as Ian is also present as a dealer/author/general VIP then he might be allowed in early. I don't think it's open to the public on Wedneday.

I hope to make the event on Friday Ian but I'm not on FB so I'll probably get the location details from you at the Literary Beer thingy on Thursday when I say hello.

EDIT: And I was at the Glasgow Worldcon as well. Thankfully it was "only" 12 years ago and not 20, but that still makes me feel old(er!) :)

If you are there you can collect your membership badge on the Wednesday afternoon and early evening. Details are in the last progress report.

Kath and I are going late Wednsday afternoon, so we are ready for an early start on Thursday morning. Lot to see and do!

Stomach churning with excitment!

Trying to pack for Loncon3!!! Train at 1.44pm! Meeting Kath at Euston!

12.25 and I'm about to climb into a heavily laden car... See you there! :)

I'm arrived and ent seen anyone, yet. (that is, I've seen numerous people but as yet nothing Chronic). And my room has WiFi.;)

Thundered and poured it down outside, today.

Roof soundproofing wasn't the strong point of the architect.

I'm following lots of twitter peeps who are attending, as well as you guys, and it sounds fab. But, come on, pictures? We need some pictures!

(Were any of you caught up in the registration delays yesterday, they sounded hellish...)

I arrived on the dot of half-past nine yesterday morning and was through registration by ten, but there weren't many breakouts I fancied going to that early. The only one was jam packed, and I'd have been on my tip toes trying to see over the heads of the rows of people standing at the back, so I bugged out until the eleven o'clock sessions.

Had a kaffeklatch meet with Josh Blimes of Jabberwocky yesterday (it clashed with Ian's beer chat -- sorry Ian -- so I haven't met him yet). Have another later today with Ellen Datlow. Agents and editors seem under-subscribed on these things.

Spent too much money on books at the Gollancz stand (the spelling looks wrong there, but you know who I mean). I promised myself I'd wait until Monday before wasting all my dosh on novels, but it seems I have no self-control.

The bar is currently pretty empty, and I'm manfully restraining myself from having a bevvy before the writering workshop I'll be attending at 1 o'clock. I might be a little too honest with beer inside me! So it seems I have some self-control after all. Yay me! I'm going to celebrate the fact with a small beer.

Can't see you - oh, gone 13:00

When are you next getting thirsty?

Attachments

• Me-office.jpg
    Me-office.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 171
Well I got to meet Ian W at the Literary Beer yesterday but didn't make the book launch this afternoon sadly (sorry Ian!), or got to see other chronics yet! There are several decent meetup points in the fan village (Tardis/Bandstand or Library areas) but it's tough without some instant means of keeping in touch as we're all doubt enjoying the various panels & events.

Anyone there can PM me and I'll send my mobile details if they want to meet. If not I'll be at the BwB party tonight in the fan village from 8pm (ish). I'll be the guy wearing the black Jon Snow t-shirt unless there's many of us! :)

Come say hi if you can!

Plenty of chocolate - just back from Switzerland…

More Photos? I might manage to squeeze down Nesa and her giant.
Nesamorph & Bear 2.jpg

(Yay, no longer stuck with thumbnails), on her crusade to buy up the dealers room.

Too many whitebeards? Cut it down. I am not wearing a T-shirt, but a sort of stripy shirt which apparently "makes me look like an ambulant deckchair" (which, considering I have the figure of a beanbag is quite a disguise) I'm on 079 32848488 but tend to turn myself off for conferences. Um, I'm in front of the hot-dog stand right now. I'll PM those who suggested before the noon lecture changeover…