SEPTEMBER Photo Challenge Discussion

I'm beginning to get a feel for what I'll do but no solid ideas yet, a few tickling the back of my brain, just no grip on how I'll accomplish them.

Firstly, Thank You to Alc for starting both threads for me after frantic 'just in case' messaging on Friday before I left for a wedding in Blackpool.

I've been looking at some photography sites - and found one that suggested things to do to improve your own techniques, as much as for challenges with other people. Texture was one - and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it inspires in my fellow chronites. (there was another one, that I saw 'in action' at the wedding and am hoping for a future win to try it out on you lot!)

Happy Snapping everyone!!

You're very welcome, SF. I resisted the urge to make the theme "Dinosaurs" and then blame you.

Tis an interesting theme, SF. I'm just googling some 'texture' photos now and there are photos of smoke and fire, which I wouldn't have thought about!

You're very welcome, SF. I resisted the urge to make the theme "Dinosaurs" and then blame you.

Ha!! Although I suspect that any parent of small-ish children, especially boys, would be able to come up with something along those lines!!

Tis an interesting theme, SF. I'm just googling some 'texture' photos now and there are photos of smoke and fire, which I wouldn't have thought about!

D'you know - I've never actually thought about googling a theme for inspiration!

Ta muchly!!:D:D

I did it last month for 'symmetry' and thought why've I never done this before?

Submitted my first one. Gonna seep through the set from yesterday's excursion into the abandoned town of Tarnita, maybe I can find a second one that would fit.

Fab fab entries so far!!! And there is still plenty of month to go - am hoping to see loads more.

Just a note to any mods - is it possible to pull up Cyber's pic and put it in his post? I'd hate for it not to be seen as easily as the others, and it is a fab shot with fantastic colours. Following the link, I can pull up the url address, but I don't have the powers to do anything about it . . . Cheers!

Ooh - and Thanks AE!!

Last edited:
Just a note to any mods - is it possible to pull up Cyber's pic and put it in his post? I'd hate for it not to be seen as easily as the others, and it is a fab shot with fantastic colours. Following the link, I can pull up the url address, but I don't have the powers to do anything about it . . . Cheers!
I'm not a mod but I just did it for him. :)

Thank you mate. And sorry about that, I wasn't on a computer with any sort of PS installed when I posted it, so I couldn't resize it properly. Much appreciated for the assist.