AUGUST Photo Challenge Discussion

HoopyFrood

It's me! Hurrah!
New theme for the month is up, hopefully it inspires lots of people! I ended up looking at a site with loads of suggested themes and for a while I couldn't decide on just one!

Hopefully it'll make us look at things a little more closely and realise the patterns that are around us in day to day life.

Sounds really exciting, HF - I'll go taking a peep in the mirror, balancing my symmetry into an alternating world :)

Congratulations on the win, Hoopy! This is a great theme, and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of pics I can get.:)

Intriguing theme! I'm sure there will be lots of good'ns again.

Thanks Hope & Mouse! Am still here - took the laptop with me so the kids could Skype with the rest of the family - and have been keeping an eye out for opportunities to find something to fit the theme since arriving. I have an idea or two for my second shot, but that depends on a lot of variables so may not be able to deliver quite what I want!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with . . . .

Spring, a beautiful combination of symmetry and asymmetry! The roof lines offset from yet echoing the tree line before it with apparently equal slopes, making a calm and soothing backdrop for the tall and aptly named flowers.

Hope, you are the perp of the photo thread, that makes it sound ridiculously like I know anything about photography... on the other hand, SF, that's a fabulous photo, and I am suitably jealous... :)

I went on hols and Alex was leading the July challenge. Then I found out hoopy had won. Congratulations and a good new theme. Good entries so far, but I'm mildly suspicious of the object on the far left in SF's...

I went on hols and Alex was leading the July challenge. Then I found out hoopy had won. Congratulations and a good new theme. Good entries so far, but I'm mildly suspicious of the object on the far left in SF's...

On a family friendly site, too. Your Mam would wash your mouth out with soap for such comments. :p (but, um, yes, I see your point. I didn't want to, but I do... :eek:)

I'm not seeing it... and I feel like I'm missing out on a good joke... and that by saying I'm not seeing it someone is going to pat my head and say "ah bless"

S'alright, hope, tis only the dirty minded of us - like springs and alc, who can see it. The rest of us are far too innocent.

I didn't notice anything until alc, then springs, mentioned on it. So I went to have another look. Hmm. Well, it looks like a lovely place for a holiday, SF. I'm not commenting on anything else.

Walks away, trying (and failing) for an air of innocence. ;)

You cheeky monkeys!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):p

Just to clarify - a day time shot of the same scene, though not quite from the same angle as the tiles round the pool are too hot to lie on right now, and a close up of the suspect item . . . .

DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

I hope the gutter-minded amongst you can clear your thoughts now???:p

Oh, lord, I'm not sure that made it better or worse, SF. ;) :) Am now listing this thread as one not to return to this month, it's making me laugh too much, and proving far too distracting. :D

Oh wow, I would not have guessed that that was a reflection in a pool! (Although now that I've looked at it more closely, it is obvious :rolleyes: )

Really great symmetry photo, SF, an excellent start.

We were looking at the reflection? I'm with Springs, it doesn't look better in the daylight! They should start selling those brollies.