Attraction

I'm a student; alcohol runs in my veins.

Plus I like it when characters are destroyed by their vices.

(I bet Ambrose would be a hilarious drunk!)

Ambrose would definitely be hilarious! Jenn I can see as a violent drunk. Heh heh!

I've written five words today, might take me a while to get there!

See, though, I'm always noticing handsome men with ugly women. What's that all about?!

I'm the opposite. Here is just filled with ugly men with hot girls.
You two should set up a date-swap business, letting the handsome men of southern Somerset meet the hot girls of Southampton.

(And let the ugly women of southern Somerset meet the ugly men of Southampton, though I don't expect that would be as lucrative.)

Hmm... I like this idea. Are you expecting a cut of the profits, Ursa?

If the venture happened to make a pretty penny, I wouldn't say no.

Seems to me like her continuing to be interested in him after discovering what he's really like would make for more interesting reading. I think that you've really got three options here, rather than just the two. A character being enamoured of a celebrity only to discover that the celeb's public persona differs from their actual persona has been so widely done as to make it almost seem tropeish. A character discovering that the celeb is a douche but continuing to pine for him with no explanation would mean that you're writing a 1950s movie relationship, but at least it's not widely done today. Having her remain interested in him, but for different reasons than why she was originally enamoured of him, presents the most possibility for psychological wrangling and would make for the most interesting reading, I would think. JMO.

And you know, there is something endearing about him. In a selfish, the world revolves around me manner, I grant you. But he has nice manners,and he washes up after himself....I could see this.

I'm not sure if I want them to end up in a relationship or not. I can't really see it happening. I need her to be attracted to him for a least a little longer... There's going to be something happen later that'll really put her off him, I think!

Perhaps they could shag under the influence of alcohol, and she could continue the relationship after she sobers up, because she can't admit to herself she did something really stupid while drunk, therefore shagging him must not be stupid...

Once you have a teenaged daughter, you're almost certain to be asking, "What in the world does she SEE in him?" In the real world, attraction doesn't always make rational sense, so perhaps it's not a deal-breaker if it doesn't in fiction.