Fantasy and Science Fiction Course from Coursera

mithril

"Hope is not victory."
Just came across the coursera site at work today and found this instead :p

Quick Summary -
Course Name - Fantasy and Science Fiction: The Human Mind, Our Modern world
Instructor - Eric Rabkin (Professor, University of Michigan)
Duration - 10 weeks
Starting - 23rd July 2012
Cost - Free except for some course matreials (most are available free)

The course looks interesting and the instructor knowledgeable. Best of all, it's free :p

So I thought I'll post it here in case someone's interested. I might be too if I find some company and can take some time out from work around then...

What do you guys think - about the course, about giving it a try, about such courses/classes in general... I studied at an engineering school so I've no idea of what is involved is such classes, but it does sound interesting :)

Yes, it does seem interesting -- thanks for sharing it.

I think this is rather a Writing Resource matter than a GWD, though, so I'll move it over there.

It does look interesting, not sure I have the time to take on anymore commitments at present though.

And Ummm Judge. Just my twopennyworth but I'm not sure that course is anything to do with writing but rather reading?

I saw that, but Writing Resources still seemed the better place of the two, since it's not the run of the mill GWD stuff, and there's nowhere in Books that's appropriate and the only other alternative was SFF Lounge, but if someone starts talking about a writing course, as might be possible, we'd want it here. So we'll just have to fudge the boundaries a little. Besides, everything connected with reading is a resource for the writer!

A heads up for folks who were thinking they might be interested... Course's supposed to start on 23rd July :)

Cheers

Back