Actors

I was going to post this in the 'quick questions' thread but thought it might go on for a bit so...

One of my PoV characters is an actor. Not a massive Hollywood actor, more someone who's done more smaller films and maybe one big-ish one which earned him a lot of cash.

So what would he do when not acting? Interviews, photo shoots, auditioning?

Where in London are magazine photo shoots likely to be held? (I tried Googling this but got nowhere - in fact, I've just spent the last half hour looking at pictures of Ben Barnes. :eek:)

How often would an actor see his agent?

Do you think the actor would have enough money to pay two people? One a monthly wage, the other a bribe. I guess he would if he did modelling and whatnot too?

Would he lose a potential acting job if he got sick?

Ta muchly.

Basically, they can do whatever you want. There's really no rule, as it depends on the actor's individual personality and aspirations. Some of the actors I've worked with just vegetate between jobs, others ride the publicity trail really hard, others go do theatre work for the sheer enjoyment...

Some blow all their money on flash cars and expensive toys and have to go work retail, others carefully save their money and live modestly.

Excellent. I think I'm not doing anything too unusual for an actor then.

So far my guy's had interviews in a hotel for a film and gone on a photo shoot. He's mentioned his agent once and so far they've not been in it, so might have to write something for that.

Should've pointed out that he was in a pop group before the acting, so probably made some money there. (Eurovision's been mentioned.)

He now employs the man who used to be the pop group's bodyguard as his, what he describes, PA/bodyguard but who also acts as a sort of a manager.

He's got at least one fan page on the internet that he's had a look at and every now and then, he does get recognised.

Um. I think I'll do the voice dubbing thing too.