Inspiring lines

Well, I was doing research for a presentation on "polysyndeton" for my Literary Essay class. Since I have to include examples from literature, I of course wanted to find some in my favorite stories. Turned out to be a bit difficult to flip through pages looking for appropriate examples. I went with three I found online (all three of them fantasy [if you count Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: The Magical Car as fantasy, and I do]...imagine that).

Then, on a whim, I decided to pull my copy of Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz off the shelf. Now I don't really count this as one of my top faves, not even among Koontz's books (those are Midnight and Fear Nothing), but it is one that I enjoyed very much. I opened it once randomly and did not catch anything. The second time I did and was very pleased, because it's from the pov of the character that really made this story for me:

"They keep stooping down to pet him and scratch behind his ears and tell him he’s a good dog, good, and they say other nice things about him that he can’t really understand. This is the best. It is so good to be petted and scratched and liked by people who will, he is pretty sure, not set his fur on fire, and by people who do not have any cat smell on them, none."

Well, I was doing research for a presentation on "polysyndeton" for my Literary Essay class. Since I have to include examples from literature, I of course wanted to find some in my favorite stories. Turned out to be a bit difficult to flip through pages looking for appropriate examples. I went with three I found online (all three of them fantasy [if you count Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: The Magical Car as fantasy, and I do]...imagine that).

Then, on a whim, I decided to pull my copy of Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz off the shelf. Now I don't really count this as one of my top faves, not even among Koontz's books (those are Midnight and Fear Nothing), but it one that I enjoyed very much. I opened it once randomly and did not catch anything. The second time I did, and was very pleased, because it from the pov of the character that relly made this story for me:

"They keep stooping down to pet him and scratch behind his ears and tell him he’s a good dog, good, and they say other nice things about him that he can’t really understand. This is the best. It is so good to be petted and scratched and liked by people who will, he is pretty sure, not set his fur on fire, and by people who do not have any cat smell on them, none."

Koontz has a lot of flaws, but nobody writes dogs quite like he does. If I remember right, he actually wrote a whole book about the first dog he and his wife ever got. Watchers is one of his best books, and in it he brings a dog to life like nobody else has ever done.

Koontz has a lot of flaws, but nobody writes dogs quite like he does. If I remember right, he actually wrote a whole book about the first dog he and his wife ever got. Watchers is one of his best books, and in it he brings a dog to life like nobody else has ever done.

Yes, I was really impressed with it, too. Haven't read Watchers yet (will have to now), but I've read quite a few of his books. Never thought any were bad, although I thought some were better than others, and a couple of them very good.