"Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs"

Okay - I'll put Inception on the list. The only Nolan I've seen is Memento, which I've only seen once and I'm not sure what I think of it but I will definitely be seeing it again to find out. It was definitely interesting. :)

Saw Inception. Nolan fell into a big ol' bucket of money. :) The special effects in Memento were provided by a magic marker but were a little more elaborate in this one. I had a very similar reaction, though: definitely interesting, definitely partly puzzling, will definitely see again.

One complaint is that the exposition was the movie version of an infodump (albeit an active and entertaining one) and the movie was too long (two and a half hours - hour of setup; hour and a half of main movie) and seemed so fraught with potential "psychic power" that it actually underutilized its pieces. Also, di Caprio came off a bit flat to me much of the time.

Otherwise, some neat ideas with extremely arresting visuals and a generally good cast and I was interested throughout. Thanks for nudging me to watch it, Hoopy.

Tsk, J-Sun, I'm not going to recommend these brilliant films unless you agree with my opinions about them 100%!

;)

I watched Memento the other day and it was so very good. I love films where you have work things out (well, you don't have to, but I love guessing stuff. Often out loud. I'm a terrible person to watch films with). It also made No One, whose DVD it was, to have a minor epiphany about how all the groundwork for Inception is in Memento. Which, considering how long ago Nolan started writing Inception, probably is the case.

Tsk, J-Sun, I'm not going to recommend these brilliant films unless you agree with my opinions about them 100%!

;)

Aw, isn't 95% enough? :) I hope you do recommend more, as I did like this.

I watched Memento the other day and it was so very good. I love films where you have work things out (well, you don't have to, but I love guessing stuff. Often out loud. I'm a terrible person to watch films with).

No, that's fun - unless maybe you're a really good guesser and manage to give away the true ending a lot. ;)

It also made No One, whose DVD it was, to have a minor epiphany about how all the groundwork for Inception is in Memento. Which, considering how long ago Nolan started writing Inception, probably is the case.

Yeah - I agree with that. That's part of why I made the comment about the budget. Under all that difference of scale, he's definitely playing with some of the same themes and interests. I need to re-watch both and plan to do so in close proximity.