Megan Lindholm

spider from mars

Anyone read any of Hobb's Megan Lindholm books? Any good? Love Hobb, but not sure if I'm into the tone of the Lindholm books.

I've read the first two of the Ki and Vandien quartet. I enjoyed them. The writing and themes explored make it very much embryonic Hobb in my opinion. Just don't expect anything as heart wrenching as 'The Farseer Trilogy'.

I thought "Wolf's Brother" was very good. Probably the best fictional depiction of shamanism I've read.

Oddly, I've never been able to get into any of her Robin Hobb books.

Wolf's brother is high on the list. Sometimes though, I feel I have to keep myself from reading and rereading nothing but Hobb/Lindholm.

My other great love is bushcraft/primitive living skills, so I'm guessing this story would be right up my alley?

It's not quite "bushcraft" since the people are very much organised around their reindeer herds, but primitive living certainly, and it reads as very well-researched to me. (BTW, "Wolf's Brother" is a direct sequel to "The Reindeer People", but I didn't read the first one and didn't find any trouble keeping track of it.)

Books arrived the other day. Managed to get the last two Ki and Vandien books, and Alien Earth along with them. Had to pay a bit for the Ki and Vandien books due to the rarity, but nothing that broke the bank. Same as if bought new really.

I may be giving them to grandparents who are lost for what to get me for Chistmas though, as my book pile is getting a little silly now (yes, it really is getting that tall).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Big Peat Reviews & Interviews 2
Cal20 Young Adult Fiction 0
rune Robin Hobb 14