Discussion 75 Word Challenge -- MARCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren Paul: What an incentive to behave. At least with Santa a child never had to worry about vanishing without a trace. This is the sort of thing that can put a shiver down the spine.

Glitch: Vampiric version of Ghost Rider. I really don't think I can say much more than that...

Perp Man: The tables be turned here on ye, me ol' chap. Ye be gettin' yer comment afore ye give 'em. But back to serious business here, this one is serious. Pretty much how every individual and the lump of society react to one another; there's always our personal flaws that just can't seem to be shaken off, and our reaction to society's treatment of us can go one of two ways-positive or negative. Always good to see a character steel themselves against such mistreatment.

crystal haven: The result of what can happen when a verbally abused offspring gets pushed too far. I don't know how old the narrator is here, but it seemed that they, if not exactly able to put two and two together, knows SOMETHING is wrong with that cave, and being afraid of it seems to be good sense.

TE: This one to me, was both hilarious and bone-chilling at the same time. Obviously we don't know what happened at the beginning, which I find to be the funny part of the story, simply because it's just so outlandish and random an event to happen, it seems like something that would happen due to an Improbability Drive. The bone-chilling part is what had happened with the husband after the accident. I've heard of people being treated like furniture, but not actually being as such...*shudder*

I realised it was a golf course, Springs. I've been the caddie for my dad sometimes. He liked the nineteenth hole. ;)

Perp Man: The tables be turned here on ye, me ol' chap. Ye be gettin' yer comment afore ye give 'em. But back to serious business here, this one is serious. Pretty much how every individual and the lump of society react to one another; there's always our personal flaws that just can't seem to be shaken off, and our reaction to society's treatment of us can go one of two ways-positive or negative. Always good to see a character steel themselves against such mistreatment.

Well gosh... I've been well and truly caught out here, and was not expecting this at all, but what a thoroughly excellent job Karn has done.

I was thinking of doing my comments (or starting them, the plethora of entries is staggering) so it might take a while...

It is strange to be reading comments on my own story, and I can see why people seem to like it so much. I think Karn has seen a lot more in mine than I intended, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut and try and look as clever has painted me.

Most humble thank you possible!

Thank you for the kind comments, Karn. From your mouth to Hollywood's ears;) - I can always use the money:D. Never read any of Dean Koontz, as I'm not much of a horror fan and I believe that's his most common genre. I might give him a try.

Blimey. You go on hol for a few days and people go mental in the challenge! Got a ton of posts to read back through on this thread, got a ton of threads to read back through on the site.

Right o.

Scott Forshaw: An interesting premise on this one. At first one might chalk it all up to coincidence, but with Annabel's final thought, we get just a glimpse of such things happening before, and coincidence wears thin pretty fast. I just know I wouldn't want to get on her bad side before she has her tea!

Fishii This one would have done extraordinarily well in last month's challenge as well. A mother's love for her son, so strong she's willing to risk her own life to get him back home. With how dark and dangerous the situation actually is, this made me feel strangely warm and fuzzy, as her intentions made everything alright.

Bob: A puppetmaster. Somehow such things have always creeped me out...cognizant toys and whatnot, and this one was no exception. I always blame the Child's Play movies. I have a feeling Hans might not see the next morning's sunrise....;)

reiver: Tulpas are a type of spirit that I don't think are really widely known outside the Hindu religion, and I have to say that if I were the narrator, I'd probably soil my pants in this situation. And to have to go through it more than once, well, I'm surprised he's still sane. Or is he? :D

Marvin: Is this a love gone wrong? More like a story of a love gone right, at least on one end. Trying to end a curse on a lover, one really needs to pay attention to things, do they not? This reminds me of a dream I had a few years back that I need to finish. You stopped in just about the same place it did. :D

DEO: Rather intense visuals with this one. I'm glad I read through it before breakfast, could make a man hurl, haha. I wonder if any of the students tried to animate the narrator's "creation," however. Blech.

southron: You know, I tend to agree with the narrator here. Morals can indeed get one killed if taken to the extreme. But it's everything in moderation as well. I suppose it's just as well that the prince did not seem to be a spoiled brat, or bad things could have befallen our cheating chap.

alchemist: There's a few ways to interpret this one, and some of them don't bear mentioning on a family forum. What I will say is, the men of the village should perhaps be grateful for this mysterious stranger...and make a collective appointment for a doctor. :D

Glen: Cheeky bugger you are here. :D A cheap shot at both theme and genre? Perhaps, but it makes for a smile a day. I can see these two as a Laurel and Hardy act.

Nixie: There's a few stories in the world about enchanted kitchenware that supplies an limitless amount of food or seasoning, but this is the first one that has ended on a good note. I seem to recall the Celtic god Dagda the Good having a cauldron like this one, but provided porridge instead of stew and in only deserving amounts. This is another feel-good story, for obvious reasons.

Hoopyfrood: Is this Frankenstein's descendant? One would think a lesson ought to have been learned about bringing dead loved ones back to life, and especially in a patchwork manner. I feel no pity at all for the narrator here, but this is a densely packed tale that speaks volumes in sentences.

Aun Doorback How could medical science resist the powers of darkness? Necromancers and demons alike, this poor soul never did have a chance, and I don't think I want to imagine what he had done to deserve his fate, or even what's going to happen.

juelz: The way I'm wishing to interpret this is, he got what he deserved. Karma is just cruel, and again, not only do I have no pity for the narrator, I applaud the ending.

stormcrow: I'm not sure how to interpret this one. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be an angel, a robot, a golem, or what. But beyond what it actually is, it's quite an emotional piece for its style. It reads physically like a bibliography almost, but it's just...well, sad. Dying alone, left forgotten by everyone but the creatures that will feast upon the corpse, can't help but feel sorry for it.

I'm with Mouse -- I was working, no holiday, but -- Who gave you guys so many ideas anyway. I can barely fathom the topic and now there's such a plethora of stories my mind is more warped than usual. And a thread 110 posts deep? Common, how's a guy supposed to get anything else done. Oh right, Crons, --- you are not supposed to get anything else done.

Karn- appreciate your comments. Thank you. 'Sad' is so true.

Aun- glad you liked it. Thank you.

Thank you Paul. I was really struggling to come up with something for this one!

I can go off and read all the entries now :D Or maybe in the morning... what it is morning :eek:?

Karn,
Sorry about the puppets, I thought it was snakes that made you creep out.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.