Discussion 75 Word Challenge -- MARCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Cul, fine story indeed! Pyan I still chuckle at yours.

Congratulations, Cul!

And thanks to everyone that shortlisted or mentioned me: and to all the people that voted for me, in both polls. This is the first time I've got near the dizzying heights of winning the Challenge, but hopefully, it won't be the last...

Looking forward to Cul's choice for April...:)

Not too much pressure now, Py! I've only got a few hours until April and I've barely started thinking about it.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me in both polls. And I think a hearty congratulations is due to Pyan as well, for a great story and a heck of a fight in the voting. I didn't think I'd catch him in the first poll, and I didn't think I'd beat him in the second. Jeez, when Teresa set this month's theme and genre, I wasn't even sure I'd get an entry in! What with the angel, might have been divine inspiration...

Congratulations, Culhwch!

Well done, Cul! Beautifully written.

pyan -- yours made me smile. It was a very clever entry.

(springs -- I understood the story when I read it again later. It's the 'Mum' that's confusing -- I thought it was the girls speaking to the narrator, but it's the narrator speaking to her own mother, isn't it!)

Congratulations, Cul!

Now, bring on the next challenge. I got inspired by a smell today, and I have a story idea that really truly doesn't have anything to do with zombies, much.

Congratulations, Cul!

Sorry about that. I thought Ursa was going to take care of it.
Sorry. :(:(

I was going to, but I was fighting the HMRC software to submit my CT600** online*** - sorry for the UK-specific company tax jargon - and lost track of time and all else. Finally I gave up, went to bed, and completed (I hope, correctly) the abomination this morning.

** - The CT600 form itself is easy, but the software ("hosted" by Adobe Reader) requires one to create an extra set of company accounts, built up from an endless series of individual questions and replies. (For some reason - cruelty? - they don't like to receive one's existing accounts as an attachment, even in a format - pdf - with which they're obviously very familiar.) :mad:

*** - My IQ, sorry thing that it is, is reduced by half when I see a form, and by more if the form is online. Much of what's left seems to be used to be pedantic about the questions, leaving little left to put the correct answers and figures in the right boxes. (It doesn't help when some of the text boxes don't allow numbers; but I didn't find that out - it doesn't tell you what's allowed or what isn't - until I'd removed all the colons and semicolons. And how are you meant to describe you company's activity when you're not allowed to put in the Companies House SIC Codes****, which are four-digit numbers?)

**** - See what I mean about being pedantic: being an engineer (of sorts), I prefer the precision of approved codes to general waffle. :(

[/rant]

Well done Cul, you've now won twice. And commiserations to Pyan, although you are now an official 'runner up'.

Another great month, and the end of the second great year.

In light of Chrispy's stats, I have taken it upon myself (mainly due to a nerdy disposition) to compile my own stats (mainly copied from Chrispy's and then added to) and produce some rather fetching graphs from them.

I hope that people find these as interesting as I do, it is not my intention to upset anyone, and I hope that those of us that have not been as sucessful as Harebrain are not disheartened by any of these. I think it is a testament to the enjoyment that we all receive from partaking in these comps that they have been so sucessful.

Anyway, please enjoy, and let's see if we can't make next year even more sucessful.

Attachments

• 75 Word Stats_html_ma3262f6.jpg
    75 Word Stats_html_ma3262f6.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 75 Word Stats_html_5a822408.jpg
    75 Word Stats_html_5a822408.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 75 Word Stats_html_783bc409.jpg
    75 Word Stats_html_783bc409.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 75 Word Stats_html_m321694ab.jpg
    75 Word Stats_html_m321694ab.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 158
I see Chris's stats still have me missing a month. As it happens, I've entered every month and voted every month.

Ah, the joys of HMRC; I have mine to do in a week or so. Bleurghh.
This was the first time I'd done this form online. With any luck - I don't expect any - I'll remember what to do with next year's form. (And perhaps I won't leave it until the last few days** to do it. Look! There's a flying pig!)

** - I'd got myself so confused, I had to phone them (the IT support and then the company's tax office) on Thursday afternoon to ask for help. They very kindly extended the deadline for a fortnight, and said they'd get back to me at some time. Late on Thursday night, I found the incredibly stupid error I'd made, so contacted them on Friday morning, saying I'd sorted that part of the form out. I forgot to ask whether the deadline was still being extended. Based on this ignorance, I decided to complete the form last night (and then, when I couldn't, this morning).

I see Chris's stats still have me missing a month. As it happens, I've entered every month and voted every month.

Dagnammit. I checked all the figures and tried to get the stats accurate, but you are right Ursa, I had you down as missing August 2011. Let me amend that.

Attachments

• 75 Word Stats_ScatterGraph1.jpg
    75 Word Stats_ScatterGraph1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 134
By the way, sorry to Chris if his stats weren't the cause of the problem. :eek:

(I'm a bit form-shocked** to check this.)

** - I'd say shell-shocked, but I wasn't dealing with a shell company. :rolleyes::eek:;):)

Congratulations Cul another well deserved win, and a great runner up in Pyan.

Loved the graphs Moonbat, not sure that I could understand 'em all, but then I've got a three year old sitting on my lap wanting to look at Daleks...

Status
Not open for further replies.