Magazines

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Azzagorn, Mar 1, 2012.

Azzagorn

Azzagorn Member

I was in Sale (Manchester) and wandered into a newsagents and found myself broswing the magazines. I found one that caught my eye, the inside zone, or something. Anyway it contained short stories of Scifi/fantasy. However I can't find it anywhere a google search was vague at best. Does anyone know it or something similar?
    Brian Turner

Brian Turner Brian G. Turner Staff Member

Think you mean Interzone?
    Azzagorn

Azzagorn Member

Ah ha that's the one thanks! Is it any good? Or worth a read?
    springs

springs Juggling life

Interzone is excellent. Also, Analog, a US magazine, but generally available in the bigger newsagents.

Just BTW I used to be a news manager for a large chain, and ANY local newsagent can order them in for you, plus any spin offs etc, even american publications. They all come through the same distribution channels as hello and ok and what not, you just might to have to agree to buy it each month.
    Brian Turner

Quite enjoy Interzone - I tend to like the reviews section especially, not least when Ian Sales has something in there. :)

Some very decent stories in there usually, too.
    Brian Turner

Really enjoyed Tyler Keevil's "Fearful Symmetry" in the latest Interzone - very atmospheric - though there's another story in the issue I couldn't get past the first few sentences.

When it's good, it's very very good. :)
    Patrick Mahon

Patrick Mahon Would-be author

If you haven't already located it, Azzagorn, Interzone's website is at http://www.ttapress.com/interzone/ . They are published by TTA Press, who also publish a dark fantasy/horror magazine called Black Static, amongst other things.

You can find out more about Interzone elsewhere on these boards, by the way - there's a dedicated Interzone sub-thread elsewhere in the "Publishers & Industry" section.
    Roy1

Roy1 Roy G

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/interzone/ is our Chronicles thread Azzagorn and we have a facebook TTA Press and Twitter TTA Press. Each issue of IZ has about 5 stories plus book, DVD and the best SF/F/H movie reviews anywhere.

If you go to our site there are free podcasts of stories from all our magazines (we also publish the horror fiction mag Black Static) and stories to download.

Magazines are bimonthly and subscribing is best but many major newsagents don't carry the mags. In Manchester centre Forbidden Planet - Oldham St branch, stocks Black Static but not IZ and Corner House bookshop stocks IZ but not Black Static.

Please let me know which shop in Sale has copies if you have a chance.
    There is a free copy of an E book version of Interzone 230 here. You can read it on a PC by downloading a Kindle or Epub emulator.

They are excellent stories in 238 so which one left you cold Brian?
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
    mosaix

mosaix Active Member

I get Analog. I used to order it through my local newsagent until they told me it was no longer published. So I signed up on-line for an annual subscription. Now it comes through the post and it's much cheaper as well.
    Roy1

Roy1 Roy G

You are lucky Mosaix my Analogs just stopped arriving, they said they were being sent out but they never arrived, even replacement copies stopped arriving so they gave up and returned my sub.
    A week later one (replacement) copy arrived. I get them from the local newsagent now.
    mosaix

mosaix Active Member

I had the same problem. I contacted their distribution team (e-mail address on the web site) and a load arrived by air-mail (must cost them a fortune).

There's obviously something seriously wrong with their distribution methods.
    Roy1

Roy1 Roy G

I did that too Mosaix and it worked for 2 or 3 issues then it stopped working.