Just a Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by monsterchic, Feb 27, 2012.

monsterchic

monsterchic Slowly Freaking Out

Hi...

I know that none of you can get anything from me, but for a class at school I have to make a business and I chose to make homemade noodles. My teacher told us that we have to take a survey of the general public, so you guys are one of my chosen groups. What I want to know is this: How much would you be willing to pay for a pound of homemade noodles? To just pay off what I use and working hours, I would have to charge about one dollar, and I want to make a profit, so...just wondering :)

PS: If this is an innapropriate question, just take this thread down please :)
    Abernovo

Abernovo Accident-prone, allegedly

I've paid £1.50 (about $2.50) for 250g (slightly more than half a pound) of overpriced dried noodles.

I don't know your noodle manufacturing skills, so I'll say $1.50-$2.00 (max) for a pound of noodles - that's a lot of noodles, though. If they were good, I might raise what I was willing to pay subsequently.
    alchemist

alchemist Not on holidays

I rarely buy noodles so I looked up online noodle shops. A pound appears to sell for about four of your Yankee dollars. With the added bonus of helping a small, local start-up business, (but the risk of using a new, untried product) I'd be prepared to pay about $2- 2.50 also.

Suggestion: call the thread The Price of Noodles and you'll attract more traffic.
    hopewrites

hopewrites Happily Ever Aftering

I would pay more for Hand-made noodles then I would for Home-made noodles. For homemade noodles I would expect to pay Dishes, Laundry, or A handmade blanket. Cleaning the bathroom would be over priced.
    For Handmade noodles I would expect to be charged $2-3 dollers, which I would not want to pay, and would feel I was getting a decent deal at about $1.50/lb I would expect them to come in 2-5lb bags, be thick, and delicious.
    good luck with your project :)
    Karn Maeshalanadae

Karn Maeshalanadae Why?

Considering food prices today, it's not a big stretch to get $2.50 or even $3 a pound for noodles, and that's not even talking hand made.

I'd be the opposite of HW, though. I'd pay more for homemade noodles, simply because not only would they tend to be handmade anyway, but the ingredients could quite possibly be of better quality. (And pronounceable. No freaky preservatives.)
    monsterchic

TheDustyZebra

TheDustyZebra Ninja agent Staff Member

How many noodles are in a pound? And how long are they?
    Gary Compton

Gary Compton King Harvey Basset R.I.P

There are 783.4 per pound and they range from 1.5 to 7 inches.:eek:

I've just spent all morning measuring them!!
    monsterchic

@Gary...man, you're a dork :)

@Dusty Zebra...there are about 200-300 per pound, but they're way thicker than storebought, and they range from about 8 inches to 15, 16 inches
    TheDustyZebra

TheDustyZebra Ninja agent Staff Member

Wow, that sounds like quite a bargain at $2.50-$3.00. I would expect it to be at least $5.00 for that much, and even that sounds cheap.

Gary, I think you broke your noodles. Be more careful next time.
    Gary Compton

Gary Compton King Harvey Basset R.I.P

Sorry my mistake. It was a bowl of rice and I'd had a gallon of lager:eek:

What's a dork by the way. Is it good?
    hopewrites

hopewrites Happily Ever Aftering

by and large they are the most adorable breed of nerd available. occasionally coming in the 'little brother' variety, but mostly sticking to 'that odd boy you secretly like but could never admit to liking and therefor tease mercilessly' kind.