Syrio Forel, Jaqen H'ghar, The Faceless Man - Possible SPOILERS

Kinda off subject, but still faceless man subject :confused: i know I confuse myself sometimes!

Anyway doing a reread of SoS and was wondering where we ended up on the who killed Balon question? Just reread the old dwarf women dream and she says she saw a "man without a face" "waiting on bridge that swayed and swung" "on his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings"

Is the obvious answer to who sent the faceless man Euron (Crows Eye) or Damphair who was drowned and wears seaweed in his hair?

I was also thinking about that...and of the expensive talent fees of the Faceless Men. I know I'm kinda lame (because its the day in the week that I'm sober) in proposing that its more of a Euron than Aerion (was it his real name?) . It would be too much coincidence that Crow's Eye got to arrive after Balon's death. It was there I think that the two had a fallout that lead to Euron being exiled. Then Euron went to the Old Valyria and to the other countries and given his rep, pirating....thus, he can afford to pay for the service charge billed by the FM. I don't think that the fanatic Damphair has the knack to count coppers because he seemed pretty busy drowning more people everyday.

pardon me for the double post... I let my aunt borrow my aSoS (its hard looking for the complete books here--wherever I am) so I could not verify what Ive written above. Please forgive me on whatever lame ideas i have provided you with c:

I was also thinking about that...and of the expensive talent fees of the Faceless Men. I know I'm kinda lame (because its the day in the week that I'm sober) in proposing that its more of a Euron than Aerion (was it his real name?) . It would be too much coincidence that Crow's Eye got to arrive after Balon's death. It was there I think that the two had a fallout that lead to Euron being exiled. Then Euron went to the Old Valyria and to the other countries and given his rep, pirating....thus, he can afford to pay for the service charge billed by the FM. I don't think that the fanatic Damphair has the knack to count coppers because he seemed pretty busy drowning more people everyday.

pardon me for the double post... I let my aunt borrow my aSoS (its hard looking for the complete books here--wherever I am) so I could not verify what Ive written above. Please forgive me on whatever lame ideas i have provided you with c:
:) your post isn't lame!

I have always thought (and still do) that it was Crow's Eye, too big of coincidence that he arrived when he did plus as you say he could afford it, but i just wonder after reading her dream again (which is entirely accurate about the deaths of Renly and Cat) if Aeron might be a possibility. The crow seems to point to Euron but a drowned one sporting seaweed brings up a question in my mind.

Just for accuracy here is the whole quote:

"I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man with no face waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings. I dreamt of a roaring river and a women that was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her checks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror.

Renly's is very clear: Stannis, who sigul is now a burning heart, sent a shadow to kill Renly, who wore golden stag (the sigul of his house)antlers upon his helm.

A roaring river (the rain swollen Trident) and a women who once was a fish (once was a Tully) with red tears upon her checks (she had plenty of tears to go around and she had clawed her face badly) lastly she was very dead and then she was not.

So why include the seaweed and the drowning in the description of the crow?

clip_image001.gif
your post isn't lame!

I have always thought (and still do) that it was Crow's Eye, too big of coincidence that he arrived when he did plus as you say he could afford it, but i just wonder after reading her dream again (which is entirely accurate about the deaths of Renly and Cat) if Aeron might be a possibility. The crow
seems to point to Euron but a drowned one sporting seaweed brings up a question in my mind.

So why include the seaweed and the drowning in the description of the crow?

Thanks. Nurse Needle :)

Yeah, you're right. It would certainly be one of the things that would run in my head before I get to wink to sleep (if I am lucky).

Hmmm perhaps its just Aeron's front to appear at odds with Euron...? oh, i swear THAT is lame. Sometimes I think that the Dothraki’s “savageness” is a pale comparison with the Ironmen.

I think that Patchface is an Ironman spy, possibly a FM.

I might not think this after my coffee kicks in though.

GRRM keeps hinting that Patchface is more than he seems. This may be to distract us, but I wouldn't want to bet on it.

I think that Patchface is an Ironman spy, possibly a FM.

I might not think this after my coffee kicks in though.

He certainly seems more than he is. Spying for who or for what is not so clear to me though. Geez my next read of this series is going to be totally wacked out due to all these theories. :D

This is interesting, Imp! Keep it coming! Patchface's face is a small young man whose face is covered with tattoos, right? I forgot where he's from--VOlantis?

hmm...a spy by whose orders? Varys? Bittersteel? The Lannisters? Prince Doran-campaigning for Rhaegar to wed his sister, Princess Elia?

or by the merling King? Manderly?

What could they possibly get from spying on the Baratheons, I wonder? Perhaps he manipulated the ship so it went straight to the Shipbreaker's Bay... Steffon Baratheon was good at sea and he's got a very able captain otherwise he would not risk his wife with him. He was on an errand by the Mad King to procure wife for Rhaegar....

I like the patchface working for the Drowned God theory. It is the Damphairs that bring men back after drowning after all.

As for the drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings... how do we know that Euron isn't really the chosen representative of his god? Aeron seems to think that he isn't, but no matter how much Aeron prays... the gods seem to favor Euron.

I like the patchface working for the Drowned God theory. It is the Damphairs that bring men back after drowning after all.

As for the drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings... how do we know that Euron isn't really the chosen representative of his god? Aeron seems to think that he isn't, but no matter how much Aeron prays... the gods seem to favor Euron.
Good point, much as I don't like it, it sounds like the truth!

So tonight while rewatching AGOT getting refreshed for season 2 to starts and i was on the episode when the gaurds seize sansa and attempt to take arrya during her sword lesson " the pointy end". While watching Syrio says some lines that triggered me. Little things that after following some of the threads and theories I saw some connections. Between him, jaqen and the FM. Now I know many agree that jaquen is. A FM we wonder why he was in the dungeons and in kings landing. Also while arryas with the FM the man training her often says things on how he can hear lies or see it in her eyes. In this episode when syrio is dancing with arraya he says one direction but acts with the opposite. She accuses him of lying and he says " my tongue lied, my eyes shouted the truth u were not seeing. Watching is not seeing dead girl" then after he tells her to run he says " what do we say to the God of death" and she replies " not today". I need to check the book to see if they r direct quotes or altered in the show but these are the sort of things that the priest and kindly man say. Very similar and the FM are dealers of death. So after that I'm thinking styrio infact is a FM and was not killed but captured and placed in the dungeons where he took on new face and became jaqen. And this may also explain why some how arraya trusted him enough to free him in the barn with the other prisoners when it was ablaze. This could at leafs give a connection and explanation as to how jaqen ended up in the dungeons. I think I remebrr reading aomthing similar to this but I forget which thread. I went thru all the posts in this one to double che k but didn't see the full play by play mentioned. And I agree the face he takes on after jaqen is very similar to the discription of the man who stole the key from pate.

Gay I hate having a broken lap top so March harder navigating via smart phone.... I think aomthing similar was mentioned in discussion with FM in general.

Gay I hate having a broken lap top so March harder navigating via smart phone.... I think aomthing similar was mentioned in discussion with FM in general.

I assume English is a second language for you. Using the word "gay" to describe something lame, bad, stupid etc. is now considered offensive by many people. Here's a link that illustates this concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z7EOG8z_e0

Ya it was auto correct. I mentioned to say "gah " which is what i oftened use when talking to freinds or ppl im confortable around to say God but in. A more of a dragged out frustrated way . For example. " gaaaaaah I can't stand my broken lap top" The auto correct hit it and I didn't catch it before I posted. And idk if there is a way to remove a post once u make it. I try to reveiw but with my phone the screens smaller and sometimes I miss things. In no way did I mean to offend or be rude

I'm honestly so sorry for anyone who was offended by the error. As helpful and annoying as auto correct can be its so not worth errors that can cause something misleading, offensive, or possibly embarrassing words it can come up with. So I'm going to figure out how to turn mine off.
And thank u for understanding and realizing it was done in error tywin. PS I'm a Lass not a lad

I'm honestly so sorry for anyone who was offended by the error. As helpful and annoying as auto correct can be its so not worth errors that can cause something misleading, offensive, or possibly embarrassing words it can come up with. So I'm going to figure out how to turn mine off.
And thank u for understanding and realizing it was done in error tywin. PS I'm a Lass not a lad
Thanks for letting us know and I apologize for not realing what happened. :)

I'm a very frequent poster on a pro basketball forum where people tend to be really offensive at times. I sometimes forget that I need to switch modes when coming here.

On the wed I use a spell checker (Google) and i check every correction it wants to make :)