Ahoy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kaladan, Jan 27, 2012.

Kaladan

Kaladan New Member

Well hello.

I suck at these, so I'll keep it brief.

I'm a big fan of fantasy fiction with less than enough time to read as much as I want to. Also enjoy writing greatly but found that my previous online writing "environment" (roleplaying, *shudder*) was much too restrictive for my interests and, after a brutal spell of absolutely zero creativity, I'm back on the wagon for some kind of modern-day fantasy or something. Haven't quite figured that out yet.

Anyway, looking forward to interacting with some real writers for a change.

My interests aside from reading/writing are bass guitar, horror flicks and heavy metal.
    Dozmonic

Dozmonic Member

Every time I see Ahoy! I think of Sheldon explaining that's what Bell though everybody would say instead of Hello! when using a telephone :)

Modern fantasy is something I've been toying with, going in a different direction to the current crop of vampiric romance. You'll find plenty here to keep you reading!
    Kaladan

Kaladan New Member

Champion :)
    springs

springs Juggling life

Hello and welcome to the Chrons. I might get the obligatory warning out of the way, until someone who's lots better improves on it later.

it's really really addictive here and your time will just whittle away while you drift from thread to thread and meet all sorts of - well definitely interesting - inhabitants.

And lots of writers here, if we can call ourselves that - there's a post debating the very same at the moment. Plus the 300 word writing challenge is still open, and the votings very close in the 75 worder if you want to throw your tuppenny worth in there.

Anyway, enjoy the Chrons.
    alchemist

alchemist Not on holidays

Welcome, shipmate.
    Mr Turtle

Mr Turtle Carpe Diem

Hello there Matey!

I just joined myself, after too much time to admit lurking. The guys here are really fun and incredibly informative, although they (or perhaps I should say we now) are certifiably crazy - so watch out, or you'll end up turning into one of them.

Oh yeah, I 2nd Springs post, this place is ADDICTIVE! I've never checked in on a forum so much in my life!

Enjoy your time here,

Peace

Jx
    Vertigo

Vertigo Mad Mountain Man

Hello and welcome along and I third it; addictive it is! You have been warned :D
    Abernovo

Abernovo Accident-prone, allegedly

Welcome to the Chrons, Kaladan.
    Boneman

Boneman Active Member

Avast behind, and welcome aboard! You know there are no lifeboats, no life vests, no radio, no verey pistol, no flares, no mobile phones, no semaphore, in fact no observation deck? Once inside, there are so many rooms, you will never find your way out (or want to!).
    chrispenycate

chrispenycate resident pedantissimo Staff Member

Carefully ticks off "bass guitar" on the instrument list. And adds "band practice" to the list of inessential activities that are likely to go by the board as the site addiction digs its claws in, right after "social life" and before "sleep".

"You already lacked time to read, and you registered here?" I suppose the entry requirements do not exclude masochism. Actually, it might be quite a reasonable character trait to foster. Not that, you understand, anyone here is complementary; except when they aren't complimentary, evidently, but, like misery liking company, the average member – if you could find one who admitted to being average, which is improbable – is also failing to get his or her novel written due to the cumulative chronophagic attacks if this place and its occupants, and is thus in the same maritime conveyance. (Oof; call that a sentence? Better not to call it at all, it might decide to answer.)

So, welcome aboard. You don't actually have to be crazy to survive here, but it is recommended to leave your sanity in the box by the door rather than wander around with it; not that anyone would take exception, (or it) of course; it just simplifies integration.
    Gary Compton

Gary Compton King Harvey Basset R.I.P

Welcome aboard. Remember to report to the Captain first:eek:
    TheTomG

TheTomG Thomas M. Grimes

Welcome!

Umm that is surprisingly brief for me I know - lunch break, and a short one at that, so seizing what time I have to do some sort of a greeting.

Avast and hoist the barnacles you land-lubbing poop deck scuttlers!

There, something at least in tone with the ahoy. Perhaps.
    Kaladan

Kaladan New Member

Thanks all :)