Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick incursion online. Just a quick apology to everyone I have not written a comment for yet, am determined to do them all this month but the combination of my little ailments and the medication has knocked me completely for a loop... I hope to be back in the saddle mid next week.

(A cheeky copy and paste from the 75 worder) also got to get my story posted, it's so close to being finished too!

Concentrate on getting better, Perp. Considering all the great review comments you provide, there's nothing to apologise for in missing some through illness.

Feel better soon, Perp!

My 1st 300 worder is up and I'm pretty happy with it.
It's a cold snowy Sat AM as I sit here.
Kids are gone 'til lunch. Got coffee and snacks...

I think I'll write something. :)

A quick touch base and the stories up are great, all really original and so different! Tacticalloco, stormcrow, really good. Thanks also for the kind words Vertigo and Starbeast.

So I had this really great idea (well, the germ of an idea, anyway) and I started fleshing the story out in my mind, when I had this panic: where did I get the idea from? And I'm worried that it was from a short story I read back in the 60s, even though I can not recall any of it... I've googled until I'm blue in the face, spoken to a friend who used to read all the short story compilations I did, and he can't remember it at all. So I might leave posting until the penultimate moment, in case I find it's my mind taking leave of its senses... wouldn't be the first time, and it certainly won't be the last, but it's so maddening!! And I don't want to post on 'book search' for fear of giving the game away. Oh well, find a backup idea, I guess...

Loved it Alchemist and as I have literally just finished reading My Man Jeeves (and was on my way to the January reading thread) it gave me an extra chuckle!

Thanks Abernovo and Vertigo. Unfortunately, I messed up a paragraph space near the end. Hum ho, live and learn.

Oh, 999 posts. Must dash.

Brilliant Mosaix, I loved it. Though I'm not sure someone with such a condition would've been alllowed on the crew but that's only a very minor niggle. I loved the way it built up.

argh, mosaix!! Poor Doyle.

(that's brilliant. I'm going to have serious problems deciding how to vote. Already).

Status
Not open for further replies.