Discussion -- 300 Word Challenge #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Judge

Truth. Order. Moderation.
Staff member
Supporter
The new 300 Challenge is up -- a suitably wintry scene for the new year!

Don't forget -- the picture is there to act as an inspiration. We don't require a story which explains the image. Let your imagination run riot -- just make sure your story is speculative fiction of one type or another.

Good luck everyone -- AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL AT THE CHRONS!

EDIT: Oops -- forgot the link! It's here http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/534650-300-word-challenge-no-4-read-first-post.html

So, er, lots of fantasy stories this time (there probably will be a few).

Good picture. Where's it from?

Naturally there will be fantasy. Isn't that a princess tower? It's pink and glittery.

Whatever kind of tower it is, it seems to have several beings with glowing pink eyes staring out of it.

It's a NASA image, alchemist, from their image of the day gallery. We deliberately went for something that might be seen to be a little more SF-y this time -- we want everyone to stretch those writing muscles!

Strengely enough, although it's a NASA owned image and that escape tower looks distinctly NASA design, the launch tower looks Russian.

Anyway, plenty of scope for a 300 word story...

I think it's the Baikonur Cosmodrome, shortly before that last launch to the ISS, which included a US (NASA) astronaut.

As you said, mosaix, plenty of scope.

Not that I'm suggesting anyone needs a sobriety test, but how many images can you see in this post: none, one or two...?

attachment.php

There are no images in this post.

That is all.

I can see the image. I logged out and looked at it again without my moderator powers, and it was still there.

Nevermind. The image some of you can't see is merely the one in the challenge thread minus the black bars to either side.

Unless.... Just bear with me:
19439d1325435283-photos-of-the-day-330-chal-4-603172main_image_2106_800-600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.