December Photo Challenge - DISCUSSION THREAD

I liked all of the entries. Didn't enter myself - nothing really Christmassy to photograph, at least nothing that inspired me.

Really liked the Christmas goose, Wiggum - it made me smile. Gary, I see your dog has perfected the pleading eyes. TDZ, is that a tennis ball decoration? It's wonderful!

In the end, I voted for Mouse. It was the Beau pic. Perfect dog portrait, with a Christmas touch.

Thanks Abernovo :)

I had to vote for Cul's, nature's ornament indeed.

Great pic.

. TDZ, is that a tennis ball decoration? It's wonderful!

Thanks! Actually, it's a styrofoam ball, with fabric pushed into it with a spoon, and then the dividing lines are decorated with glitter glue. My mom and I made it and several others about 35 years ago, and that particular one used extra pieces from a dress that she made for me. I don't have the dress or my mom anymore, but that ornament still lives on.

A very tough decision this month. Most of them could have got a vote, especially Cul's fantastic chrysallis and Wiggum's table setting. In the end, it was between Tom's first photo and Beau but the doggie won out. Yay for Mouse!

And I'm feeling a little lost not knowing who voted for whom. Thanks to my two mystery voters.

Oh dear, I see that now -- wrong kind of poll, isn't it! Well, I was one of your mystery voters, alchemist -- I agree that most every picture could get a vote, and it was a tough choice, but I love the junk reindeer. Also loved Beau, and and and ....

Wiggum and Alchemist ran neck-a-neck with the goose and fire, so it came down to a contest of deer for me. I prefer my venison with berries rather than Muppets ;)
truly though lots of great picts!! Tom I loved your tree, PM before and after made me laugh, Cul's first pict stole my heart... I could go on and on but am short on time, sorry.
Happy Christmas to all.

Thanks Hope!

I have to say that all the pictures were excellent and fun this time around and it was always going to be a hard call. Ones that stood for me included Gary's, Mouse's, Cul's but they were all beautiful with some lovely trees and decorations.

In the end though it was Alchemists incredible junk sculpture that made me go "Wow!" when first I saw it and I went with that wow.

(There you go Alchemist that's your second mystery cleared up)

In that case, thank you very much TDZ and Perp for the votes, and hopewrites for the mention.

Thanks Abernovo and alchemist and mystery voter! :D

I need to go look at the photos again.

Oh oh, a difficult decision. I have to say personal taste came in here. Let me go through my honorables though.

Alchemist's reindeer was everything but rubbish. This definitely appealed to me as I love photos of the unusual and strange! Plus so many old electronics in it, fantastic!

Mouse's second picture is a great picture, the depth of field, focus on Beau's eye, the pose, the present, brilliant stuff indeed!

Alchemist's fireside pic, very cosy, captures the feel of Christmas!

Gary's second photo, haha, brilliant expression on the dog, and the bow on the head, what can you say :)

In the end, my vote went for Culhwch. I like the strange and unusual, and this was definitely an unusual item. It does indeed look like a Christmas ornament, transparent and shiny, as if made from glass (oh I also love materials and surfaces, comes from working in 3D.) I like nature shots too, of animals and plants, so this captured my preference there. The fact that creatures are hatching OUT at a time where things are going to sleep where I live was also a fascinating reminder of how different Christmas is in different parts of the world.

Best of luck to all who have taken part!

I'm your mystery voter, Mouse:) - haven't really had the time to post much this month, so I'm making up for that now. I ran out of time for the competition, though. I must try harder next month.

Great entries all, and well done!:)

Mouse's second picture is a great picture, the depth of field, focus on Beau's eye, the pose, the present, brilliant stuff indeed!

Ta!

I'm your mystery voter, Mouse:) - haven't really had the time to post much this month, so I'm making up for that now. I ran out of time for the competition, though. I must try harder next month.

Great entries all, and well done!:)

Cool, thanks! :D

I voted for Gary. Both photos said 'Christmas' to me (I guess because the dogs are part of it), more than some of the other photos. Though they were all brill.

Thanks Mouse, a little piece if cheese is on its way to you - many thanks, my first ever photo vote:)

Thanks for the votes, Wiggum and TheTomG! And my apologies for the poll not showing who has voted for who - left the checkbox unchecked...

Oh! Woo!

Thanks Gary and the other mystery voter! :D

Will get the new one set up.