Best Batman comics?

read any Batman story by Scott Snyder.
the black mirror and the court of owls/night of owls stories were great.
as a long time bat fan i'd recommend:
-The Killing Joke
-The Long Halloween
-Dark Victory
-Haunted Knight
-A Death in the Family
-Knightfall (3 volumes here)
-No Mans Land (4 volumes with a re-release)
-Under the Hood
-Arkham Asylum
-Battle for the Cowl
and i'd recommend reading the entire Grant Morrison run
(Batman son of the demon-Batman INC)

I quite enjoyed Night Cries, as it was an unusual outing and I thought the palettes were great. Some of the Elseworlds are entertaining too, if outright ridiculous, but in all honesty apart from Killing Joke you've already covered the cream of the crop. Arkham Asylum (Serious House...) is my favourite, love the manic art style. BTW, Killing Joke was the only graphic novel Heath Ledger drew from as far as I know.

Batman: Venom and JLA: New World Order which is really just a story saying how amazing Batman is.

Read the Knightfall series, Broken Bat, Prodigy, right through, you'll love them. Original and scariest interpretation of Bane yet.

Killing Joke I'd recommend to anyone. Origin of Joker and Oracle.

The 1970's was a terrific time for Batman, and many other comics, especially the Green Lantern & Green Arrow teamups.

I'm going to have to check out some of the reprints.

I'd recommend the Grant Morrison Batman & Robin trades, love the combo of a Dick Grayson Batman with Bruce Wayne's son Damian. The first trade with Professor Pyg is haunting.

Gotham central baby. Its like batman and the wire combined

I loved Miller's Dark Knight Returns, but found Year One and The Killing Joke a bit meh.

Have recently been peeking at titles on Amazon, not least seeing as Grant Morrison has written some - his Doom Patrol series was one of the most original I've ever read. But am not sure what to delve into. :)

Whatever it is, please don't let it repeat the Batman origin story - surely readers can be presumed to know this by now? :)