Book 7 Crown of Swords and that stupid bowl of the wind!

chongjasmine

I had just recently finished book 7 of the wheel of time series. I am so GLAD that the women finally found the bowl of the wind. It sure took them AGES, I mean, typically, AGES ,to find that object.

Is the bowl of the wind so important that so many chapters must be devoted to finding it?

What do you think? Do you think the bowl of the wind is important? I mean, if the weather is bad, let it be bad. Is changing the weather as important as getting rid of the black Ajah?

In spite of the flaws, I still love the wheel of time series and I am now moving to book 8.

The Bowl of The Winds chapters are more than just a simple errand Nyneave and her team are embarking on; it's an entire plot-line. A rather short one in contrast to the story's other plot-lines, but a plot-line nonetheless. Admittedly, however, it may have appeared something simpler at first glance.
Yes, finding the Bowl was significantly important, as the Dark One himself was responsable for the broiling weather: With so many of the Seal's shattered, his influence across the world is spreading, and the weather's the proof. A few Darkfiends question the weather, once it finally changes, wondering whether "the Great Lord's plans have gone astray" or something along those lines.

I'm nearing the end of Book 8 myself. I hope you enjoy it is I have. :)

I just finished the part on book 8, where they finally used the bowl of the wind, and they were escaping from the Seanchan. I find the sea folks to be very annoying. They are so demanding and rude. They are even more manipulative than Aes Sedai. The knitting circle, are on the other extreme. They are so submissive and fearful of the Aes Sedai. I prefer the knitting circle over the sea folks.

I think I agree. The Sea Folk are pretty irritating at times (which was why I loved it when Mat stood up to them in Book 7), but really, what woman-made group in the series isn't? Jordan loves to make his female characters extremely haughty and aloof, and although that's great for establishing strong heroines, it does get on your nerves after a while.