Worst Idea I've heard in along time

Discussion in 'Graphic Novels and Comics' started by TacticalLoco, Nov 4, 2011.

TacticalLoco

TacticalLoco New Member

Interference

Interference Destroyer of Words

O, if I may make so bold, M.G.

Metryq

Metryq Cave Painter

Would you like some ketchup with that franchise?

The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

Hey, come on. Hollywood wants to remake, 'The Battle of Britain,' they ripped the guts out of, 'The Dark is Rising,' and you're worried about this ?:rolleyes:

Metryq

Metryq Cave Painter

It's part of a slippery slope, Ace. We allow this, then that other stuff can happen. Next month the Powerpuff Girls are doing Hamlet.

CyBeR

CyBeR New Member

I would pay money to see that honestly.

Mladen

Mladen host of Extra Sequential

Both titles come from a similar era, and are aesthetically very similar, though they have different attitudes towards science fiction.

I don't know really... Alternate realities were always a part of both series, and this seems a better fit than the Star Trek meet X-men (which exists, and is not good).

Clansman

Clansman Lochaber Axeman, QC

THAT is precisely the problem, CyBeR! People pay money to see s**t that is precisely that: s**t.

I truly despair of our culture. TV isn't even entertaining anymore, with the dominance of "reality" tv shows, and bloody awful urban fantasy.

Interference

Interference Destroyer of Words

I like Misfits :(

spider from mars

spider from mars New Member

Well South Park did a surprisingly good version of Great Expectations, so let's see where the girls go with it before writing it off completely....

Metryq

Metryq Cave Painter

The Simpsons did Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven."

And how many operas did Bugs Bunny do?

JoanDrake

JoanDrake Active Member

It COULD work, if handled right.

What I'd like to see would be the Sailor Scouts meeting Section 9

rohb.vogue

rohb.vogue Rohb Vogue

To me, just about any such combination could work. Its about plot and characters, not do much the implausibel premise. Take X-men 3 for instance; terrible movie based on a solid franchise premise that worked twice before that garbage was foisted on us. it should have worked, but did not. Add in the right director and voila, you reboot the franchise and off you go. I am in favor of anything original or implausible as long as it is done with class!

kshRox

kshRox New Member

Only if MoJo JoJo plays Hamlets Mother! :D :D :D

Foxbat

Foxbat You can't touch me, I'm part of The Union.

I always thought that Hamlet in the style of the scene from Last Action Hero would be a great movie:D

The Holy Drunk

The Holy Drunk Aspiring Hack

I have heard of far worse ideas. Then again I watch professional wrestling so no surprise there. Did you know the WWE did a crossover with the Muppets?

The article's tone of relieved approval is the odder part, as if everyone has been longing for Kirk to team up with some second-string space heroes (not to insult the Legion, I've never read it, merely comparing success). Then there is wish to team up Transformers with the Justice League, which is impressive considering the article just mocked the commercial transparency of Star Trek vs. X-Men.

I think the scarier idea is Star Trek vs. The Prisoner. Unless it was McGoohan pointing out the inherent dystopia of ST:NG until Picard turns evil and has him taken away before a mutiny breaks out - the two universes have different views on benevolent authority figures.

Clansman: I think you are overreacting. Certain animated series seem to be adept at sneaking classic literature into the popular imagination. The Simpsons' version of the Raven got me interested in Poe for instance.