Kate Elliott interview

Teresa Edgerton

Goblin Princess
Staff member
Supporter
Re: Kate Elliott

I found this wonderful Kate Elliott interview, which describes in some detail her approach to world-building.

http://www.writing-world.com/sf/elliott.shtml

Anyone who already loves her books, as well as anyone who is wondering whether they would like her books, might want to check this out.

(I think I'll go post this link over in aspiring writers, too, since there is much that we could all learn from an article like this one.)

Re: Kate Elliott

This is an awesome interview! Thanks for sharing Kelpie.
It's very mind boggling what a writer goes through to form a fantasy or Scifi to entertain their readers. I wonder how many binders of notes she has or any writer for that matter, on just one story to make it 'great'. I think, and this is just my humble opinion, the details (all of them) make her Crown of Stars Series the best books I have read to date! I know that I appreciate the time and effort she takes to research and know her 'stuff' before she began.
In the Jaran series, I could easily see the Mongol khans. Kate's details brought Temujin and his people to life with a Scifi twist. I personal love the history of the Khans and any story involving them makes me bias, but it was a great story regardless of my personal thought!
As far as the details in The Golden Key, they were rich! As they are in each of her stories! They bring the reader right into the story, like being painted into a picture... the details are that good! :)
For any aspiring writer this interview is a great resource! Again thanks Kelpie!