The subject of Time travel

IrishWriterPaul

I recently finished a short story titled "Strangers in Time". The central character Sean meets a relative from the distant future who takes him on a journey across time.

I love the concept of visits to the future in science fiction and am a big fan of Back to the Future. Does anyone else here write about what the future might be like?

Do I ever!

But, with my tongue stuck firmly in my cheek. I am writing or rather, have been writing a YA novel for the last four years about a fifteen year old boy who 'jumps' backward and forward in time from a narrowboat. What I do is have Tarquin interact with famous people and events and in a quirky sort of way, bring history to the young reader.

Search on Tarquin Jenkins and you'll find many a thread devoted to my hero!

TBO

Ten years ago I wrote a semi-autobiographical book titled, "Hope to Time travel". It was based on unfortunate experiences in I had at school, my interest in time travel and why travel in time may one day be possible. I published "Hope to Time travel" on the internet but not in paper form because that would of been too expensive.

Despite the fantasy genre this site implies... I'm a firm believer that time travel could never happen, in any magnitude, so I've never written about it.

I think the biggest reason why is because of all the strange scientific bits surrounding what would happen if time travel were real, which of course it isn't, so all the scientific rumors and "laws" are essentially moot points. Quantum Physics. Time is. It is the very nature of the laws of time and space that puts a bad taste in my mouth about it as well.

Think about the fact that earth and the entire universe is dashing across space at lightyears per second. We can't feel it, because of course we're on Earth and bound by gravity. However, go back in time two seconds and suddenly you're floating in space light years away from Earth.

I hope I don't come off against the prospect, but this is my take on the subject of Time Travel. Technology however, could be designed to such a degree that maybe it incorporates enough variables to somehow allow it to happen. Get deep enough with the tech behind it, and you could even make ME a believer. =P

I did previously write a short story on the subject, but due to possible paradoxes my future self had to come back and erase the initial concept from my memory before I even wrote it.

What was I talking about again?

Anyway, I’ve got this really good idea for a time travel story…

I have written a time travel, but it is based on another world and set in their future rather than ours.

The time travel investigates our past when children start appearing on a beach in the world and Earth starts to develop differently. (The children are people like Agatha Christie, Lilith, Adam, Archimedies, Einstein, Newton, Robin Hood, Anne Boleyn etc) Lewis Carroll, Merlin and Alice help my main character idenitify them.

Time travel method is very much fantasy with no attempt towards sci-fi - it involves fireflies. a grandfather clock in a chapel, a mouse, a nursery rhyme and everything stops when it hits one because I have the universe inside the Universal Father they can use his 'veins' and 'arteries' for travel.

Clever Anya. I kinda like that. So many variables and probably something I could get on board with. Very original I think.

It's my baby when I first wrote the draft getting it exactly right was beyond my ability, but once I have chance this year I think I am ready. It is just the prologue/epilogue I can't get right because it has a tragic ending those that braved my first draft asked for a shred of hope for my protagonist at the end lol Everything else is fine including the antagonist.