This is a copy of the Silmarillion I'd love to own!

Saying that it's Very Beautiful seems rather inadequate praise, so I'll add a Gorgeous.

I love illuminated manuscripts! This is just absolutely luscious! The "Silmarillion" page with that sinuous "S" is incredible, and although I love the jewelled colours it's the subtlety of the "Maeglin" page which I keep coming back to. I so envy people who have this kind of talent -- I hope the article gets him and his work noticed.

Thanks for linking to it, Mith.

Saying that it's Very Beautiful seems rather inadequate praise, so I'll add a Gorgeous.

I'll see that gorgeous and raise you a stunning lol

I love illuminated manuscripts! This is just absolutely luscious! The "Silmarillion" page with that sinuous "S" is incredible, and although I love the jewelled colours it's the subtlety of the "Maeglin" page which I keep coming back to. I so envy people who have this kind of talent -- I hope the article gets him and his work noticed.

Thanks for linking to it, Mith.

No problems at all :) I totally agree, this deserves to be in print and the student there deserves to be recognised for his work. Hopefully the Tolkien Estate can see the same!

It would likely be quite an expensive item, if it were done properly, but... yes, it is an absolutely beautiful piece of work, and something I would love to have on my shelves....

That is a labor of love if there has ever been one. It sure beats my Houghton Miflin edition :)

The Folio Society should contact this guy, and put out a slipcase edition (with a ribbon and gilt-edged pages).

Back