Book Review Websites - PR For Free

OmahaRenegade

One of the big things with self-publishing is that you have to do all of your own PR work. This can be time consuming, even expensive. While Facebook provides relatively reasonable advertising (I pay about $7 a week) it can still cut into your paycheck, especially if you're putting food on the table and a roof over your head.

Book review websites can be a huge boon to your self-publishing efforts. Fantasy Book Critic, for one, is one of the sites that accepts self-published books. While they don't promise that your book review will be posted on their site, it is a way to get your book out there and have an actual review to attach to your book on Amazon or Barnes and Noble. And if they do post your book on their site's main page then you have literally hundreds, if not thousands of people looking at your book and being linked to where to purchase it.

There are other sites. SFSignal, for instance. But they generally don't accept self-published works, or if they do you are on the bottom of the list.

Just a recommendation for anyone self-publishing.

Thanks for this :)

I hope to self-publish later this year, and this is just the sort of thing I was wondering about.