Who would think such a thing?

Stannis is obviously the person it's about. I'm going to guess Asha.

Juleska has it. It was Asha in ADwD, thinking about Stannis.

Well done!

Juleska has it. It was Asha in ADwD, thinking about Stannis.

Well done!
Are you sure about this? Asha doesn't have a POV in aDWD, or am I not remembering? I think the thought has to be either Jon or melisandre, and I think it's mel, as already guessed.

Not trying to be nitpicky :)

Are you sure about this? Asha doesn't have a POV in aDWD, or am I not remembering? I think the thought has to be either Jon or melisandre, and I think it's mel, as already guessed.

Not trying to be nitpicky :)
I have no idea who this quote is by but Asha does indeed have a POV in aDWD, never by name but as The Wayward Bride for one, The Sacrifice is another.

I have no idea who this quote is by but Asha does indeed have a POV in aDWD, never by name but as The Wayward Bride for one, The Sacrifice is another.
Of course. Talk about drawing a blank
This is the passage I was thinking of

Stannis had been a younger son living in the shadow of his elder brother

Of course. Talk about drawing a blank
This is the passage I was thinking of

Stannis had been a younger son living in the shadow of his elder brother

The quote I used is from the second page of the chapter called "The King's Prize" (it's page 550 in my UK edition). Asha overhears Lord Fell complaining that Robert would have had them at Winterfell by now, and Justin Massey replies that it would be best not to mention that to Stannis or they'll be marching days and nights. The next line is my quote, that Asha thinks Stannis lives in Robert's shadow.

Just wanted to clear up any confusion! :)

Juleska, I'm going to guess Cersei, maybe thinking about Margaery?

It is about Cersei, but Jaime did not think it.
There aren't a lot of POV chars that would be in a position to think that. It's got to be either Tyrion or Sansa, and Tyrion wouldn't hate Cersei for be ing charming, ergo, it must be Sansa.

There aren't a lot of POV chars that would be in a position to think that. It's got to be either Tyrion or Sansa, and Tyrion wouldn't hate Cersei for be ing charming, ergo, it must be Sansa.
Well done. Sansa was thinking this as she watched Cersei on the day she was wed to Tyrion.

You're up, Imp!

I really doubt you're reaching back this far, but that sure sounds like something Ned would think.

Back