Database integrity glitch?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by J-Sun, Aug 21, 2011.

J-Sun

J-Sun Active Member

Does this TNG vs. DS9 thread start with my reply and not with the original post for others, or is it just me? If this is an actual problem and keeps occurring, it could become pretty disastrous. But maybe it's just a weird fluke.
    j d worthington

j d worthington Moderator Staff Member

J-Sun

J-Sun Active Member

Yeah - the thread starting post that I replied to is definitely missing. I think I was the first reply, so I think there's just the one missing.

I thought posting this was contacting Brian (indirectly). I guess you mean PMing, though? I'll do that.
    HareBrain

HareBrain Lagomorphing Staff Member

I'm sure (unless I dreamed it) there was another thread where the opening post disappeared, but in that case it was because the first post was spam.
    J-Sun

J-Sun Active Member

Ah. That would make sense, but this was a perfectly fine post. Pretty sure it was jchris (whose other posts in the thread are still there) that started it.
    pyan

pyan Fortiter et recte! Staff Member

Okay, I've located it and put it back - seems that when jchris was banned, his spam posts were removed, but this one got swept up in the process. Apologies to the later posters in the thread...
    J-Sun

J-Sun Active Member

Oh wow. I didn't know he'd been spamming and gotten banned. He seemed like such a normal guy.

Thanks for taking care of the missing post and I'm glad to know everything's A-OK with the chrons.
    Teresa Edgerton

Teresa Edgerton Goblin Princess Staff Member

Normal guys come here to promote what they're selling.
    J-Sun

J-Sun Active Member

Well, normal guys would do it properly (if there was a way) or not do it at all. Spammers are not normal. :mad:

(On a completely different note: Happy birthday! :) )