Futurama

No, i don't have sky. I watched the four series some time ago and was delighted with the news that they got a reprieve with the four movies (although i haven't seen them :) )

Is the new series good?

The two movies I saw didn't impress me much, and I think this might turn out to be one of those things brought back to life that should have been left alone. Even the original series had their duff episodes, especially towards the end. But the final episode was such a brilliant ending, I think it's a shame they effectively decided to negate it with a load of new stuff.

Eek! I forgot that what I watch doesn't always play over there and vice versa.

The new series is quite good, though I think it doesn't live up to the original so your not really missing anything that is belly laugh funny.

No, i don't have sky. I watched the four series some time ago and was delighted with the news that they got a reprieve with the four movies (although i haven't seen them :) )

Is the new series good?

The movies, I agree, where not the best things to be brought out of the franchise. The series is better however, again, not as good as the original me thinks, but much better than the movies in my opinion.

And yes, the final episode was splendid in as much that it would have been quite alright with me if they had let everything lie where it was.

The two movies I saw didn't impress me much, and I think this might turn out to be one of those things brought back to life that should have been left alone. Even the original series had their duff episodes, especially towards the end. But the final episode was such a brilliant ending, I think it's a shame they effectively decided to negate it with a load of new stuff.

I don't particularly care for the movies, but it's always been one of the smartest animated comedies on television. The new season is great.

I'm so glad it came back, but I can only catch an episode here and there.

I saw one episode the other day where the male characters were turned into females and the female characters were turned into males.

Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard my eyes were tearing. Man, that was too funny. :D

Anyway, I hope the show goes on forever.

Zap Brannigan should have his own series - he's the best character in Futurama (closely followed by Bender)

:D

Frankly, I love this show. It's smart, funny and its got spaceships and robots - what more does a SciFi nerd need?

And if you don't agree with me, you can kiss my flatulent, flesh coloured ***:D

The first movie was good.

The others, not so much. But it did what it was intended to do. Bring the show back.

Futurama is hilarious and I was happy when they brought it back again. Still funny when watching reruns

I really enjoy this but, like Family Guy, they will occasionally throw in an episode that blindsides you - the very end of 'Jurassic Bark' being a case in point (brings a lump to my throat).

I like all three series. To me though, both American Dad and Family Guy are whole leagues of evil worse then Futurama. In American Dad there is so much gratuitous violence, rampant axe murders, assassinations, even cannibalism. A real turn off for the most part. And Family Guy, though tamer, still has references to sex trade slavery and rape kidnapping as a matter of course. Which all in all makes Futurama the innocent cousin of the three.
Besides which, the new episode where Bender becomes a daddy is just too funny for words.

It's the definite last season (CRYING FOREVER!), the show's creators have said so this time. I think they're as sick as we are of it always being cancelled! And at least this way they can go out while they're still good rather than dragging it out like some other related cartoon series I won't name...