"TV Fan's" Backlash (SOME SPOILERS)

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you Imp. Although I don't much like Stannis, I hope he dies an honourable death and redeems himself for his past transgressions.

2 weeks 6 days!!

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you Imp. Although I don't much like Stannis, I hope he dies an honourable death and redeems himself for his past transgressions.

2 weeks 6 days!!
That sounds like an eternity. :(

SPOILER

And at least as of right now he hasn't been killed off. I'm laying 2 to 1 that he doean't survive ADWD though

I'll take the bet on ADWD and raise you ADOS! Stannis will bend but not break. He is a hard and fair man who will have the respect and support of some who believes he is still the rightful heir.

I don't suppose Stannis will end up being Mel's sacrifice?
I think it may be possible Eulalia. She has to know he is not AA reborn, cause that sword of his is no Lightbringer!

Could she be using him to get to someone else, maybe Jon?

I think it may be possible Eulalia. She has to know he is not AA reborn, cause that sword of his is no Lightbringer!

Could she be using him to get to someone else, maybe Jon?

I was thinking the same...that she'll eventually want Jon in that role. Either because she casts Stannis aside or turns to Jon because Stannis dies.

Thank the gods :) Jon belongs to the old Gods, lets hope he does not fall into her trap.

How is Stannis with the whole Targ thing and the right of conquest? How would he see Jon or Dany, if they were the rightful heirs? He could always volunteer to be the hope of the world by going to Mel's fire. Is that too romantic for him?

Good question Eulalia, have to think about that one. Don't really know how he felt about Roberts conquest to begin with, but I do imagine that if Roberts reasons for going to war to begin with were proven false, Stannis would indeed step aside for who he thought was the rightful heir to the throne. This is Stannis!

He may also sacrifice himself if he felt it was right and necessary, especially if it he thought it was what Rhallor (or better yet Mel) needed to protect the "realms of men" from the Others.

Stannis wasn't pro-war, and he had a hard time deciding. He eventually chose his duty towards hisfamily over his duty towards the targaryens. In the end he believed that to be the more right thing to do.

Even if Dany (and possible Jon) come a knocking, i'm pretty sure he'll see them as nothing more than new usurpers. That he considers the Targaryens lost their crown, and their rights on westeros when they lost the war. And that as the rightful king (and eldest Baratheon) it is his duty to enforce and protect the new royal lineage against all usurpers (including his kid brother)

If Robert had legitimized Edric Storm, i see him standing aside in his favor. But not for renly, Dany, Jon, ... .

I find it funny that veiwers are complaining because in my circles the responce is quite the opposite. I was woken up this morning by this text: I watched the whole series of Game of Thrones on HBO. Outstanding! Think I'll read those books now!

I lent the sender Game of Thrones (the book) 4 years ago. But yes, Martin is showing the TV audience that their is a difference between fantasy and fairy tale.

What Weasel said.

I'm friends with a couple of nonbook, but television, fans.

All were shocked about Ned getting the Payne, but I asked them after the finale if they were worried about the fact that Ned was gone.

It was a resounding "No, and tell me what happens with Arya (insert any living character's name in place of Arya)?"