Things that the Series tells us that the books didn't

So I just posted this in an somewhat unrelated post, but Winter Is Coming has all the titles for the episodes in the first season. The 9th episode is named "Baelor", an odd name for a series that is trying to remove unessential characters. But in my recent re-read, Robert states when referring to Ned's *******'s origins that: "You are too hard on yourself Ned, you always were. Damn it, no woman wants Baelor the Blessed in her bed!"

I HAVE to think that this episode has something to do with the Tower of Joy OR R+L = J!Yes? Yes!

Last edited:
So I just posted this in an somewhat unrelated post, but Winter Is Coming has all the titles for the episodes in the first season. The 9th episode is named "Baelor", an odd name for a series that is trying to remove unessential characters. But in my recent re-read, Robert states when referring to Ned's *******'s origins that: "You are too hard on yourself Ned, you always were. Damn it, no woman wants Baelor the Blessed in her bed!"

I HAVE to think that this episode has something to do with the Tower of Joy OR R+L = J!Yes? Yes!

I think in this instance Baelor is referring to Baelor's Sept, where a significant event is due to occur (which won't do anything to shed any light on the truth of R+L=J; in fact, quite the opposite :0 ). Though whether we get a Tower of Joy fever dream... well, I hope so.

Sam's first chapter in AFFC when he emerges from the vaults of Castle Black after reading many historical parchments and books, speaks of Targs riding dragons.

The following link has the names and break downs of the episodes to come-- There are a ton of spoilers so don't read if you haven't read books.

http://www.tv.com/game-of-thrones/show/77121/episode.html

Here is the "Baelor" Summation -- (((SPOILERS!)))

Season 1, Episode 9 – Aired: 6/12/2011
Baelor

With Sansaʼs life in danger, Ned makes a fateful decision. Catelyn brokers an unsavory deal with the slippery Walder Frey. Tyrion acquires a mistress and is forced by his father to fight on the front lines. Robb wins his first major victory and captures a prized prisoner. Jon is rewarded for his valor and discovers a dark secret about Maester Aemon. As Drogoʼs wound festers, Dany defies his bloodrider Qotho and puts her trust in the enslaved witch Mirri Maz Duur.

What I find interesting is that GRRM pretty much shoving our face full of gay with Renly and Loras, whereas we only got veiled hints in the books. I mean, an off screen but full audio oral surprise? Yeah, no thanks.

As for Qyborn being mentioned to be the one who wanted fresh cadavers, that was indeed a reference to one of Littlefinger's customers in one of his bordellos, not Qyborn.

As for Qyborn being mentioned to be the one who wanted fresh cadavers, that was indeed a reference to one of Littlefinger's customers in one of his bordellos, not Qyborn.

Oh for the sake of the Seven!!! I never said it was Qyburn. No name was ever mentioned in the episode. I was only...never mind.

Major spoilers.

Qyburn and the cadavers is just a suggestion by TK. When they put something that odd (necrophilia) in the TV series, it could just be shock value. It could be just showing how venal Littlefinger is. I wouldn't necessarily believe in the face value of anything connected to Littlefinger. It could be showing how creepy that a character like the Mountain or someone else is. It could be setting up the weirdness of having a Gregorstein (possibly) and Cersei being a human experiement provider later on.

If this were a mystery, and I also knew about the anatomical experiements that later take place, I might wonder if Philia was the real purpose in acquiring the fresh cadavers. I might think, aha, a source of fresh cadavers--perhaps they are really being used another way. (I read Frankenstein--yes the whole thing, so maybe that is unduly influential as well) Or perhaps, there is an anatomy school in King's Landing. Or perhaps someone really is interested in necrophilia, (anyone listened to Tom Lehrer?) afterall.

Qyburn just seems a logical suspect if there is fresh cadaver (or pre fresh cadaver)usage going on.

But what would Littlefinger have to do with anything? If I recall correctly, he was already back home when the cutting and the screaming started. Unless I'm getting my timelines wrong.

I hate to be the one to bring this in when we're talking about a fantasy world, but...Occam's Razor applies. Littlefinger has a brothel. He mentions being able (and requested) to get fresh corpses. I do not think that we need to read into that beyond its face value.

Well, Syphon, I think it would be a simpler theory that "Everything comes back to Littlefinger or Aerys". The second part of this theory has already been suggested by Boaz, as a Grand Unified Theory, I believe.

The first part of this theory shall be called the Not So Grand Eulalic Theory of Causation. Perhaps the complicity of Littlefinger is going to be more obvious in this series and hence they have Varys accusing him of procuring corpses, and they show a scene where he is the puppetmaster of a sex house try out.:)

I think I'm with Syphon on this one. As much as I agree with Eulalia that nothing regarding/involving Littlefinger should be taken at face value, I feel this might be the exception.

Among other things, Littlefinger boasts his ability to cater to all patrons, even those with special preferences, and yes specifically corpses. If he's willing to do anything it takes to cater to and please a patron, and being as resourceful and unscrupulous as he is, I'm sure that means any thing. I can't think of any double entendres here or "Littlefinger code" that this might allude to. Just my two cents.

Back