1.03 Game of Thrones - Lord Snow

ctg

weaver of the unseen
gameofthrones01.jpg
Ned arrives at King's Landing and finds a shock. At Castle Black, Jon Snow starts his training to become a man of the Night's Watch. Catelyn leaves in secret for King's Landing after being convinced she knows who tried to murder Bran. Arya starts her dancing lessons with Syrio Forel. While on the road to Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys has problems with her brother Viserys. Jaime and Cersei are troubled when they find out about Bran's fate.

I can't wait!

Uh...has anyone else noticed how this forum suffers from a serious lack of Boaz?

gameofthrones01.jpg
Ned arrives at King's Landing and finds a shock. At Castle Black, Jon Snow starts his training to become a man of the Night's Watch. Catelyn leaves in secret for King's Landing after being convinced she knows who tried to murder Bran. Arya starts her dancing lessons with Syrio Forel. While on the road to Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys has problems with her brother Viserys. Jaime and Cersei are troubled when they find out about Bran's fate.

It's going to be great to see Syrio working on the "dance lessons" with Araya. Especially whats going to happen in the future.

Will be good also to see Daenerys developement in coming episodes.

Not to sound like the resident grouch, but there are too many spoilers and hints of things to come. I think we should all make an effort to stick to the present and not spoil the future for the new people.

Just my opinion.

Not to sound like the resident grouch, but there are too many spoilers and hints of things to come. I think we should all make an effort to stick to the present and not spoil the future for the new people.

Just my opinion.

Imp, I agree is there only one thread in the book section where we can talk about the show?
I found myself holding back on writing anything on the threads here in the TV section, if you feel I got close to spoiling anything please let me know in a pm or something and I'll edit.

Imp, I agree is there only one thread in the book section where we can talk about the show?
I found myself holding back on writing anything on the threads here in the TV section, if you feel I got close to spoiling anything please let me know in a pm or something and I'll edit.

I'm going to take it upon myself to start a thread in the book forum that will allow people who have read the books to discuss the show without worrying about spoilers

I'm going to take it upon myself to start a thread in the book forum that will allow people who have read the books to discuss the show without worrying about spoilers

Imp, it looks like you already have a thread created for this purpose (as Tonk pointed out):

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/531456-got-things-im-looking-forward-to-spoilers.html

Nevertheless, i guess another thread wouldnt hurt

At this point i'm sure there is a thread that encompasses every topic. TK can back me up on this one ;)

It is known (I always wanted to say that)

Imp, it looks like you already have a thread created for this purpose (as Tonk pointed out):

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/531456-got-things-im-looking-forward-to-spoilers.html

Nevertheless, i guess another thread wouldnt hurt

At this point i'm sure there is a thread that encompasses every topic. TK can back me up on this one ;)

It is known (I always wanted to say that)

The new thread i have in mind would be a place to talk about differences/similarities between the the books /show, as well as a place where readers could just speculate as to how certain scenes were handled or even might be handled. There is just so much information that someone who has read the book has that a new viewer doesn't. I know from personal experience how easily a major spoiler can slip from ones fingers and into a conversation. I totally destroyed one of the key moments in AGOT for someone because I had misunderstood where they were in the book. :)

I'm also NOT suggesting that people not post on this forum, only that the other thread is used for really open discussion.

Good thinking Ser, I was afraid to write much at all as I really did not want to accidently give something away even saying "I am looking forward to..."

So in the TV section I will only try to comment on things that have already happened on the show and all else in the book section.:rolleyes:

Um where's Ghost,.. seriously, where, is, GHOST!?

Still enjoying... Thought this episode was a little dull.

More Imp please...

Finally! :D "Ser-say". At the same time, I still disagree with "Jay-mie", and I don't at all think Cat is "Cat-linn" rather than "Cate-linn".

I think Sean Bean really shines in this one, as does little Arya (Maisie?).

It's interesting to see how much this episode deviates from the book, whilst still keeping the basic structure. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the extra scenes - the one between Cersei and Joff close to the beginning was very good and, although I didn't think too much of the scene with drunk Robert, it was nice to finally have "Kingslayer" pinned on Jaime.

The Daenerys/Viserys scene was good, though it could have done with some background - Viserys bursting in screaming about orders was a bit sudden.

The wall is awesome! 'Nough said.

Best scene by far: Syrio and Arya. I particularly thought that Ned watching on and hearing the sounds of battle was a good touch.

All I could think of when Syrio was introduced was Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the scene, but that made me giggle.

Yeah, where is Ghost?

Somehow I didn't think about it while watching.

Good episode. :thumbsupsmileyhere

Really liking pretty much all the Starks. I think Benjen is excellent, and even Catelyn is growing on me (I didn't think she was Cat-linn either though...)

Tyrion still bugs me a little. I don't like him as much as everyone else seems to, especially all those talking about Emmies and such.

This was, I think, the best episode so far. Alot of Tyrion. The scene with Robert, Barristan and Jaime, Viserys loosing it, the transformation of Dany and Drogo's relationship, the Small Council and Syrio with Arya.

Loved this one. As stated by everyone, Syrio was hilarious. I loved Old Nan, heard her voiceover for some of the trailers, but way better with the image of her scaring Bran with her stories. I think my favorite scene in this one was the added one with Jaime, Selmy, and Robert. It really helps paint a better picture of Robert's character, since so far we've really only seen him as a drunk who likes to hunt animals and women. It also gives us more mixed signals for Jaime. Despite breaking his Kingsguard vows and his numerous other shortcomings, we can't help but feel at least somewhat like Jaime did the right thing in killing Aerys after he tells that story. I'm still hoping we'll see some flashbacks from the rebellion times rather than just hear the characters talk about them. Thought that's where Ned's watching Arya's "dance lessons" was going once the battle noises started, but guess not. I particularly want to see Robert fight Rhaegar, I can picture (but not well enough) the rubies flying off his armor from massive hammer impact. I also want to see a flashback of Ned first walking into the throne room after Jaime kills Aerys. That scene is awesome and it shouldn't just be told to the audience through character dialogue.

Last edited: