Salutations, strangers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Panther Fiction, Apr 25, 2011.

Panther Fiction

Panther Fiction Panther Fiction

Well howdie do. This here ol' girl goes by the name Panther.

Auch, who am I trying to please, you've seen it all before :p

My name is Chloe, yet I'd like you to call me Panther, it's confortable - yes, more comfortable than my own name, haha. I live in the hilly place of Scotland and do enjoy frequent walks around my little hometown. My life currently consists of feeding my boyfriends cat whilst his parents are away, studying for my exams which start next week, writing my novel which is still nameless for the moment, watching red dwarf in the evening and my guilty female pleasure; desperate housewives. It's funny, okay?!

I tend to get into moods these days, just randomly, I'm afraid that it's a result of my current relationship. *grumbles quietly to self* Anyway, the point is, I'm a little down at the moment, so apologese for lack of motivation ect.:( (and for the lousy typing, crazy late night revision is stampeding through my mind, i'm usually fairly critical on typos and such but eh, can't say nottin' at the moment :p )

I am a frequent poster on forum sites, hehe, not in the annoying sense though, in a discursive, topical sense. I'm here to have some fun talk about general things yourselves and i are interested about and make friends.

How are you all doing on this fine evening? I think I shall finish off tonight with a mug of hot chocolate and some marshmallows whilst watching some Arrested Development.
    If you'd like more information on me, just ask :) I'm happy to talk away to you guys.

*tips hat*

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    The Judge

The Judge Truth. Order. Moderation. Staff Member

Hello and Welcome to the Chronicles!

Another writer steps into our web...

Ahem.

How are you at short stories? You've just missed the short-short as our 75 word Writing Challenge is now at the voting stage -- but anyone can vote, so get yourself over there and read the entries and pick the one you think is best http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/531185-april-2011-seventy-five-word-challenge-read-first.html And you've got just a few days left for our Inaugural 300 Word Writing Challenge here http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/531196-april-2011-three-hundred-word-challenge-read-first.html -- so fire up the laptop!

There's lots happening in Aspiring Writers, and there are other forums so I'm led to believe where people talk about books and things. And for those with relationship grumbles we have http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/38235-shout-your-frustrations-to-the-world-you-know-568.html -- it does what it says on the tin... well... in the title.

alchemist

alchemist I wonder how many characters I can fit in here

And for those that like Desperate Housewives we have...er...nothing really. But the rest is cool. Many welcomes!

The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

Anyone who feeds cats is ok in my book, welcome aboard.:)

Teresa Edgerton

Teresa Edgerton Goblin Princess Staff Member

Ah, but what is she feeding it to?

Panther Fiction

my kracken, i'm afraid... his name is Learoy. After Leanord Nimoy.

DrMclony

DrMclony SF Author

Gotta love Red Dwarf :) Welcome fellow author!

Well looky at me - 2 posts! I feel less of a nublet already :)

chrispenycate

chrispenycate resident pedantissimo Staff Member

Hey, who you calling strange?

Not that I consider you wrong, although I would have suggested "strangests" rather than "strangers". Still, lacking a strangometer, how can one measure relative weirdity?

Yes. Scotland is a bit lumpy, and (by my experience) damp. I doubt whether your Kracken ever needs to retreat to it's natural depths (I know, the sun does come out occasionally. Or so I've been told; I can't vouch for any personal experience, and they say that about Seattle, too).

So, welcome in. I promise not to criticise any of your typos, grammar errors or punctuation until exams are over, all right?

Glances at tags. Violinist? Hey, we've almost got a string section! Doesn't the cat object?

nixie

nixie pixie druid Staff Member

welcome

Brian Turner

Brian Turner Brian G. Turner Staff Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Greetings from the Highlands of Scotland. :)

Panther Fiction

Haha, then I promise not to critisize your until after my exams also :p Well when all the stars were aligned, it's a full moon and nobody's been stabbed in glasgow or fife the night before, yeah, it's pretty nice outside and i can leave my wee hut to sunbathe in the light drizzle :)

In my experience Seattle is enourmous, and has nice weather. It was scary though, so many people in the same places constantly moving, I'm from a small town on the coast.

Haha! Who are these talented devils? Might you be a string player also? :) Which instruments we got?

Ah the cat doesn't live with me, he lives across the road at my boyfriend's home. His parent's are away at the moment so I get the pleasure to look after the little guy, he's so sweet!

And it's a pleausure to meet you, sir!

Rosemary

Rosemary The Wicked Sword Maiden

Greetings and Welcome to The Chronicles, Panther :)

Dr.Jackson

Dr.Jackson Certified Space Monkey

A slightly late Hello and Welcome to the Chrons!