GOT- Things I'm Looking Forward to SPOILERS

The Imp

HUGE SPOILERS BELOW

As per Brian's request, I won't post this on the GOT board because it will be full of spoilers

There are things that happen in the books that were described either in incomplete or intentionally vague ways. GOT will require that some of those things be shown........maybe. :) Other things i just want to SEE.

Will we see a close up Ned being behaded, or will we see it from Arya's POV, at a distance and hard to see who is up there? (No, i can't let go of this particular crackpot theory). A close up will kill my theory.

I really want to see Syrio fighting Trant.

Viserys being crowned (for obvious reasons)

Dany "firing" Drgo. That's going to be a tear jerker

Anything with Tyrion and Shagga

All of the wolf dreams and 3 eyed crow dreams

Anything having to do with the Tower of Joy

I'm sure there are many others. Please add :)

In AGOT:

Tyrion and Alliser. The Old Bear. The Tower of Joy. Lyana. Rhaegar. Ser Gregor. Renly. Shagga. Tyrion and Shagga. Eddard on Baelor's Steps. Shae. Tyrion and Shae. Sansan. (Sansa and Sandor.) The Greatjon. Walder. BFS. (For those of you who don't know, that means Barristan Freaking Selmy!) Tyrion and Bronn. Sansa and Joffrey. It is known. (I want this to become a national phrase.) Dacey Mormont. Mmmmmmm, Dacey.

Yep, any scene with Tyrion. I am impressed with Peter Dinklage his facial expressions and his semi sad eyes tell it all.

Arya and the hound killing several men in the inn and her getting Needle back.

The epic naval battle towards the end of book #2

Jon Snow leading the men on the wall to an exhausting victory over the wildings and other beasts.

More of the White Walkers!

The look on my wifes face during the red wedding.

The birth of the dragons.

Tyrion killing his father.

I may be a bit rusty on names...

Now that I have seen what has been done, I think Joffrey's death could be one of the most powerful scenes.

Dragons, Giants, Varamyr Sixskins, seeing Ghost as a bigger direwolf, the Eyrie (might have some awesome views), brothels....And last but not least lesbian sex-scenes (I seriously hope those will not be done in doggy-style)!

And no, I don't take sex scenes as fapping material. I appreciate their artistic value.

Loras and Renly.

That is all. :D
MMMMmm mancandeehhhh. Gimme

Euron Crow's Eye might be cool too. Getting his drink on while half naked in his room. That's of course like...Season 5 or something material.

I have this image of Rheagar defeated at the Trident by Robert. Also of Ned riding into the Red Keep and seeing Jaime sitting upon the Iron Throne with Arys dead at his feet.

I want to see these two "flashbacks".

I wonder if we will see Bran's first dream of flying with the 3-eyed crow, which happens after his fall and when he is confined to his room before the assassination attempt. This dream was the first of many and I feel very important to building up the potential of Bran as a crucial character to how this series will all end.

Mouse: I heard that Loras and Renly will be much more "in your face" than in the book.

If Joff is shown to be the annoying little **** that he is in the books, his death will be as welcome in the show as on page. (Even if it is a rather nasty death). But that's much later...

And yay, Renly and Loras! I dunno if I'll be able to watch Renly getting murked. Couldn't believe it when that happened.

I haven't seen the first episode yet, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Littlefinger doing his stuff. He seemed like a real skeeve at first in the books with all the stuff about Cat, but I do love his meddling.

When the DVDs do come out, one of the things I'm looking forward to is Aidan Gillen's portrayal of Littlefinger (mostly because of what he did in The Wire, which will have been good training for his rôle in GoT.)

I had thought in my OP that I'd confine my list to the first season, so here's other stuff I really want to see on the sort of big screen

The Red Wedding- this is going to blow people away. I doubt that my wife will watch that far into the series, but if she does I'm going to get a picture of her with her jaw dropped to the floor. I really hope that word of it doesn't get out before the event, and at least some of the viewers are shocked.

Dany betraying the slavers by using their just sold Unsullied against them. That's one of my top 5 favorite moments in the series.

Ghost returning. This will be another tearjerker, but i must admit I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. I bawled when Lt. Worf got his family honor/name back :D

The fight between Gregor and Oberyn will be absolutely epic.

I was gonna mention Ghost's return in my last post, before realising I was getting ahead of myself.

When that happened in the book, it was such a "Woo hoo!" moment. I sometimes end up talking and exclaiming out loud if I'm really getting into a moment and I'm pretty certain that was one of them.

The battle for The Wall, Jon becoming Lord Commander, and Stannis arriving would be the seminal moment for me in all the books.

To see that would be soooooooooooooooo awesome.

The epic naval battle towards the end of book #2
I imagine Game of Thrones' accountants are having nightmares about this. :)
From GRRM's Not A Blog:
Looks like I'll be writing the Battle of the Blackwater. David & Dan give me the easy stuff.
Excellent news.

EDIT: I'm not someone who believes in premonitions and that sort of thing, but here's something vaguely spooky: the pub in the "village" where my mother lives has recently been renamed The Blackwater Stream.... (I hope the Stream bit indicates that if there's any trouble, it'll be on a rather less epic scale than that in ACoK.)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to some hints as to future events (that we may never see written down unless our luck holds out).

I thought that it was interesting, that in episode 1, Sansa made such a big deal about wanting to be the queen. Partly that explains her attraction to (ick) Joffrey. It could also be fateful irony. (the last thing she wants is to be Joffrey's queen)But it could also be a foreshadowing mechanism of things to come. Perhaps the overall end game really is Queen Sansa, at the end of Sansa's Apprenticeship.

Back