Crippled God Review

Scooter

Looks like the reviews are beginning to surface boys and girls! This from Pat of Pat's Fantasy Hot list.

Damn this site won't let me post links yet. Almost makes me want to spam posts until I have 15. sorry you'll have to google it. Maybe the next guy to post can put the link up.

His vedict was good, almost a perfect score - 9.5/10. It's pretty much spoiler free, at Erikson's request.

Highlight for me:

The reviewer says the ho-hum Shake story-line from DOD and RG pays off BIG in this one! Looks like Erikson was going somewhere cool with that afterall. Might make those parts of DOD and RG more enjoyable on the re-read.

So who is alive?:

**SPOILER?**

He names a few characters who will "surprise in myriad ways", one of which was MIA at the end of DOD. Brys Beddict. So we know that Brys survived! I'm happy he did, he is a cool character and to kill him off so soon after bringing him back seems like a waste. Need more bad-ass sword-play from that guy, and it sounds like we might get it.

He says we'll learn the whole truth about everyone's fav kick-ass wizard - QB. This hints to me that QB is alive. Not even a direct hit from a mega-tonne laser can snuff him out. I hope :) Or he might be dead but gets ressurected, or have ascended or who knows what.

This has me hyped. I just hope my own experience with the book will be similar! Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
here's the link

Pat's Fantasy Hotlist

From what's written it looks like The Crippled God will live up to expectations. Can't wait :)

most anticipated for me ... Fiddler, love that dude

Getting mine at the end of february, alongside the latest of esllemont.