Just a few odd changes I would have made.

Menion

ze Spaniard!
"And it was in that moment that their hearts withi
Before I start I'm a true fan of the books so im not insulting them in anyway so don't get your knickers in a twist.

1)Has too be the death of Sirius in Ootp, to me it just seemed sooooo lame, he was like a true fighter, I think he should have died in a battle near the end of the war surrounded with only Remus at his back, them both dieing, but there story being an ispiration too the rest of the (good) fighters.

2)In Ootp a member of the weasly family should have died so that they (meaning the children not the parents) get to know the feeling of the loss of an important person in there lives.
My version would have been maybe Arther and Molly alone in The Burrow when it gets destroyed by DeathMunchers, or Percy and Arthur dieing in the Ministry when it got over thrown.
And say both parents die, Bill and Charlie come back to england to look after the youngsters, and playing a bigger role in the books (mainly Charlie).

.:Spoilers for book 7:.

3)And Old Voldiewarts getting killed by his own spell purrr-lease, a massive dule with more than 1 spell would have been epic, and Harrikins actually using Avada Ke-what-what! too smite the scaly bugger!
Harry glancing around as if time had stopped looking at the faces of the dead he had known be fore yelling.. AVADA KEDAVRA YOU B#%&@?$!!!

Antway thats the end of my rant, comment your thoughts of the ideas, and post your own modifications.

Cherrio!

Spoiler Alert!

Menion, I'll partly disagree and partly play devil's advocate.

1. Sirius Black was not a great fighter. Sirius was a talented wizard, but he seems to have spent his abilities goofing around and playing tricks. He was sent to Azkaban sometime in his early to mid twenties. Before that he is not recorded as being gainfully employed as an Auror, a private detective, or even as a freelance adventurer like Gilderoy Lockhart. I don't know when he would have ever gained skill as a fighter.

Sirius was definitely hardened after his years in Azkaban. Could he have used unforgivable curses? Yes. He was prepared to do so on Peter Pettigrew in the Prisoner. Had he felt the necessity in the Order, I think he'd have done so. But before his prison stint, I feel that Black lived a fairly luxurious life... I don't think he was disciplined enough or inclined to become a singularly efficiant fighter for the Order.

Now don't get me wrong. Could Black hold his own? I think so. He dueled Bellatrix Lestrange for quite a while in Order before succumbing... and she was a very nasty piece of work. But I don't think Sirius was a superior fighter.

2. The Weasly's suffered hardship in the Order even if they all survived. Only Harry's intervention saved Arthur's life. In fact over the first six and a half books, Ginny, Ron, Arthur, Bill, and George all come perilously close to death. Granted they don't die.... but I think this works in favor of the surprise death of one of the Weasley's in the Deathly Hallows, because readers have become accustomed to the survival of the Weasley clan. Also, there is the continual fear that Percy will not only never reconcile with the family, but that he might fight against them while imperiused or even actively join the Deatheaters.

3. I think that Harry blasting Tom Riddle would have gone against everything that Rowling had been building towards. Harry's parents could not match Voldemort strength for strength. Mad Eye and Kingsley were no match for Voldemort. And it's doubtful that even Dumbledore could have outdueled Voldemort. No one could match Voldemort in power or skill.

Dumbledore worked for twenty-some years to outmaneuver Voldemort instead of overpowering him. Dumbledore's own experiences with Grindlewald, Voldemort's first attempt at power, and the history of the Elder Wand show the fallacy of "Might Makes Right". If Harry had overpowered Riddle, then he'd have been set up to be the next Dark Lord.

Evil needed to be shown to be self destructive and purity of heart needed to be shown to be worth whatever the cost.

Cherrio!

Back