I got lucky.

jamlebrilla

Coffee Junkie
I live an uneventful life. Is that a good thing or
I am so lucky. I've always been a David Eddings fan ever since elementary. I've completed my collection on his Belgariad and Mallorean series. And I've got Belgarath the Sorcerer and Polgara the Sorceress.

That's why I couldn't believe my luck when I found a hardbound edition of The Treasured One for less than a dollar (P17.00). Is this a sign for me to embark on a new series? I've looked at The Dreamers series before in bookstores, but they were always too expensive, and I had to save my money. And the book is in unbelievable good condition. No tears on the jacket or anything. There's a tiny bit of fraying on the edges, but that's about it.

I'm so happy. :D

um... you are both Lucky, and potentially very Unlucky.
The Dreamers series is very... weak... to say the least. Seriously, you'd be better off rereading the Belgariad or Malloreon.
If you don't have the Elenium or Tamuli series, get them instead of Dreamers.

Seriously?! I didn't know that. Now I feel sort of bad. Aren't authors supposed to get better the more they write?:(

Errrr, yes, but Eddings didn't. I found The Belgariad to be his best, The Malloreon a bit of a Beglariad re-hash. The Elenium started well, and then disappointment set in as the great character that was Sparhawk was wasted. The Redemption of Althalus was a complete waste of time, and don't get me started on
The Tamuli
series (I gave up mid-way through the first).

By all means, re-read The Belgariad. That is Eddings at his best. Part of my disappointment is the fact that I started reading Eddings when I was a teenager. Sadly, his writing did not keep pace with my maturity, and by the time I was 25 I couldn't stand reading his stuff anymore. I have great memories of The Belgariad and The Malloreon, though.

I stopped at the Tamuli and took up no more Eddings books. I would toss in Belgarath as a reread as often as possible. that one was written with fun in mind too.

So sorry to know it's happened to you. I'm 24 and I can't stop going back to Pol and the other books for comfort reading. Drop me a note if you want to hash about some ideas.

x