Point me in the right direction...

RoninJedi84

I must confess that I purposely avoided Star Trek for many years, due largely to the fact that I was introduced to Star Wars around 9 years old and that was all she wrote.

However, I recently started watching The Next Generation (I have 3 or 4 channels that show it several times a day) and I've found that I really enjoy it.

Here's where I need direction. I was listening to some old episodes of the Now Playing Podcast (check 'em out if you haven't already), and Wrath of Khan was the film they recommended the highest. I got my hands on and and gave it a go, and I absolutely loved it. Now I'd like to find some episodes from the original series, but I'm having a hard time with it.

Let me clarify something to save the obvious answers from being pointed out (things like Amazon.com and the like). I don't do credit or debit cards in any fashion, and I'm not one to buy an entire season of a show just to watch a few episodes or to end up with just a few I enjoy (like I did with "Married...With Children"). I guess I'm wondering if there's any place I can check out some of the choice episodes until I can get my feet wet and know what I'm looking for. Thanks much in advance!

Apparently CBS offer the episodes for free online, via flash player (as long as you are in the US)

Star Trek Video - Turnabout Intruder - CBS.com

I don't know whether you can actually choose what episodes to watch, but see them you can.

Notably the best episodes are considered to be City on the Edge of Forever and Mirror, Mirror, but as you say the movie The Wrath of Khan was what won you over there is also the episode Space Seed which introduces Khan.

Awesome! I'll definitely be checking these out. Thanks for your help!

Back