The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim!

Menion

ze Spaniard!
"And it was in that moment that their hearts withi
There arn't words to discribe how much I want this.

"Though several titles were rumored to be revealed at tonight's VGA ceremony, the first world premiere came completely out of left field. After a strange preamble, which saw dozens of hooded figures walk on stage in front of a mountainous background, Bethesda producer Todd Howard appeared to reveal his studio's next game.

Later, a trailer for the game unspooled, revealing its title, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The trailer showed a wall of carvings against a voice-over that sounded eerily reminiscent of Swedish actor Max von Sydow.

"The Elder Scrolls told of their return," said the voice-over. "Their defeat was only a delay. From the time after Oblivion opened, the sons of Skyrim would spill their own blood. But nobody wanted to believe...believe they even existed. And when the truth finally dawned, it dawned in fire."
Simultaneously, a large gray dragon pried itself free from the wall and breathed faux fire against a lone warrior, who beat back the flames with a shield. "But the one they fear is dragon born," the voice-over concluded, before showing the release date of the game: November 11, 2011.

The announcement comes just weeks after a report surfaced that a new Elder Scrolls was in the works, and it would be a direct sequel to the last entrant in the series, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. "

Official Trailer on YouTube. YouTube - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Teaser

Yes it does look interesting, just hope they upgrade the engine and make the sword fighting less "stiff" maybe include the PS3 Move for us consolers :)

I really hope they cover all the angles when it comes to the main quest line and give the player the ability to be truely evil or good and everything in between those possibilities. While I did enjoy Oblivion I found it way too contrived to be a really great game in terms of story. In Oblivion you could attack and kill the main NPC in the game Martin Septim, well at least he fell down for a while because no sooner do you cut him down and he gets back up and will talk to you as though nothing happened. You could do that to any NPC that was key to any questline in the game and they would only get "knocked out" and get right back up again and act as though nothing had just happened.

I hope they can fix that in Skyrim and make the storyline something that the player needs to have a "real" part in, instead of just being along for the ride and to provide "cues" to the actors in the play.....

I agree that this is great news.

I also agree with Rahl that the main quest in Oblivion was somewhat lacklustre and only offered a single way to play it. However, there were some other excellent quests (I especially enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood set) and a lot of areas to explore.

Oh, and many more voice actors are needed.

I hope the levelling system is overhauled, and the character creator improved.

Well of course the best thing about the Elder Scrolls series is the fact that it supports a toolset that players can use to make mods for the game, and as long as they include that most of the mistakes Bethesda make with their own design eventually get fixed by the community modders.

Just like the NeverWinter Nights series from Bioware, and Obsidian Entertainment, games that support a toolset last forever. NeverWinter Nights 1, which was released in 2002, still to this day has a strong community of modders making new mods with new adventures all free for download. Same with the Elder Scrolls series, Morrowind, also released in 2002 still going strong with new mods from that community to this day.

So as long as they continue to release with the toolset Skyrim will be around for years to come! :D

Yes, very much looking forward to this! Oblivion is my favourite game on any platform, and I think it still stands up well now, even several years after release. So I'm excited to see what Elder Scrolls V will bring!

Preferred Oblivion to Fallout 3 so will have to wait with the proverbial bated breath for this one. As long as 2K and Bethesda are involved and not Obsidian.

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11/11

Looks good, hopefully the engine is better. I found the sword swinging very stiff and slow.

I hope the character creator and levelling systems are improved. The extensive range of options were good, but it was much harder than Dragon Age: Origins to make a good-looking character.

Hehe. You could have beards in Oblivion too, albeit strange, spray-on beards.