Deathly Hallows 3-D?

Boneman

I did read that they may delay release of the Deathly Hallows, so it can be done in 3-D (£-D? Funny how the £ sign and the 3 are on the same key!")

And there's talk of re-releasing the other films in 3-D... would be kinda cool to see the quidditch players zooming round the audience. Is this possible, to just apply some wizardry (sorry...") in the computers and produce a 3-D film? Or would it have to be reshot? I know nothing about the process, I just pay the extra at the box-office...

I believe they are presenting HP7 in 3D, though that's not why it was delayed. That was officially more to do with spreading out the studio's blockbuster films.

From something I read about the process, there are two main ways of doing 3D, and one of them is something you can do after the filming. It's quicker and cheaper than "doing it properly" (with two cameras) but the results aren't as good. Doesn't stop it being used a lot though.

I'll watch it in 2d anyway. I want to see them the same way I saw the others. And I'm not forking out the money to watch all the rest in 3d!

James Cameron has successfully ushered in the official “era of 3D cinema” . Now every blockbuster movie is being considered for 3D and that trend is unlikely to alter course anytime soon.

The first part is due out in November, isn't it? Surely they won't delay the launch now that the date is so close? Or do you mean the film due out next June, the second part?

Saw a trailer for it t'other night and it said that it would be available in 3D at select (not selected) cinemas.

But think how much Warner Bros would make if they did re-release them in 3D... Having said that, Disney used to re-release every 7-10 years because there was a new generation of filmgoers born ('there's one born every minute springs to mind' here...).

I believe they are presenting HP7 in 3D, though that's not why it was delayed. That was officially more to do with spreading out the studio's blockbuster films.

From something I read about the process, there are two main ways of doing 3D, and one of them is something you can do after the filming. It's quicker and cheaper than "doing it properly" (with two cameras) but the results aren't as good. Doesn't stop it being used a lot though.
Yes, that's how they did the Clash of the Titans remake.

Worst 3D ever!!

James Cameron has successfully ushered in the official “era of 3D cinema” . Now every blockbuster movie is being considered for 3D and that trend is unlikely to alter course anytime soon.

would that be era of 3-D gen 2.5?

personally I hope 3-D stays as a fad. a few years, then the furor dies back down and movies are made again. trying to think up something that 3-d would make 'pop' is not moviegoing I want to see.

And the latest news, their conversion process is running too slow, so they've canned it.

BBC News - Harry Potter 3D release cancelled, says Warner Bros

Personally, I suspect this only applies to the "opening night" availability of the 3D release. I don't imagine they'll waste the money they've already spent... they'll just roll it (the 3D version of "Part 1") out halfway between 2D Part 1 and both versions of Part 2. As a way of getting even more money out of the franchise. And yes, I probably would go and see it a second time.

I've never seen a film in 3D and I've heard such mixed reviews about it that I wouldn't want to see Harry Potter 7 in 3D for the first time in case I hated it. So I would have seen it in 2D anyway however if PTeppic is right it may be tempting to see it again at a later date in 3D just to see how well they do. Awful lot of money for a 3D ticket though.

That pushes it to about £8 a ticket - sheesh! Thank goodness for Orange Wednesdays!

I envy your £8.00 tickets...paid £21 tonight for two adults, ordinary seats, ordinary cinema. Standard central London prices (actually cheaper than many here).

I've got my tickets fro HP7 part 2 in 3D - and for the first official night as well (£10.40 each :eek: and that's without the specs :eek::eek: )

Hope its worth it:)

Oop north it's 9.60 (standard) or 11.00 (premiere). Plus glasses.

Got my tickets today for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, tomorrow and super excited and sad too and NOT watching it in 3D!!:D

Here they're showing three screens of 3D, 3-4 showings per day in each, plus two screens of 2D (same arrangement). Plenty of Potter to go around.

Not bad since they've also still got 2-3 screens of Transformers-3, et al.

My choice is to see it in both 2D and 3D, obviously not at the same time ;)

This film like many others wasn't worth watching in 3d as the technology isn't really utilised as in avatar.

I've just watched part 1 in 3D & it's worse than part 2.
Both Deathly Hallows films are probably the worst 3D conversions I've seen so far