Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Williamlk, Sep 19, 2010.

Williamlk

Williamlk WilliamLK

Just saying hello!:)
    The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

Hi, watch out for the giant spider obsessed with pringles.
    chrispenycate

chrispenycate resident pedantissimo Staff Member

Another musician! When you say New York, do you mean NYNY, i.e. Manhattan or nearly, or just somewhere in the state (yes, they do play music professionally elsewhere in the state, promise). And which instrument(s) do you perform on? Live or recor – just a New York minute, I've written this in my last welcome; can't have that, can we? A Chrispy welcome should be unique to its recipient.

Since no-one has yet got onto you, may I suggest studying the challenge on http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/foru...iting-challenge-75-words-read-first-post.html ? Even if you choose not to participate directly by writing a contribution (I know how ignorant New York musicians are of the seven deadly sins, although I wouldn't accuse them of sloth) towards the end of the month you could do your bit by voting for the entry you found least bad; for some reason it's more difficult finding voters than writers.

There's also the photochallenge, a bit the same thing (and older) on visual stimuli at:- http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/528707-september-2010-photo-challenge.html

Welcome aboard; thank you for travelling SFFChronicles. In the unlikely event of our touching down on water, panic. That life jacket will be useless against anything from a salt water crocodile, the piranhas or the occasional Elder God. Your sanity, such as it might be, is best left at home, as it erodes fairly rapidly in the local atmosphere, and the "please leave your sanity here, and collect it on the way out" box seems to have been nested in by an owl (odd, that). Your flight or fight will last a good percentage of the rest of your existence, so roostertails are being served in the Lounge bar.

This is your capt; your capt; your capt; your capt…
    The Judge

The Judge Truth. Order. Moderation. Staff Member

Beaten to the punch... or the Challenge.

Since Captain, my Captain has done the necessary, all I can do is say Hello and Welcome, and express the hope that you might actually tell us a bit about yourself -- that's what the intro thread is for. Otherwise we have to sit and use our imaginations... and our imaginations are very, very strange...
    Williamlk

Williamlk WilliamLK

WOW! I as not expecting such an amazing welcome. THANK YOU! Well, I am a professional organist and piano teacher. I also play the drums, guitar, bass and I used to dabble in songwriting a little. I live on Long Island with my wife and two children. I have one story published that hasn't recieved much attention (I was kinda busy and never really promoted it until now) I am working on a novel that should be ready, I hope, by the new year.

Anyway, thank you for the kind welcome. I've been a member of some other forums for kindle readers for some time but this is my first time here.

Thank you for the welcome!!!!
    Karn Maeshalanadae

Karn Maeshalanadae Why?

Believe me, Will, we are a nice, tight-knit community on here and we do provide welcome to new members. :)

Hope you will learn to enjoy the site. :)
    Williamlk

Williamlk WilliamLK

Thank you sir, so far It's great!
    Karn Maeshalanadae

Karn Maeshalanadae Why?

Indeed. Stop by the Asylum for a bit of tea, or whatever you prefer to drink.

We don't bite....too much. ;)
    Lacivetta

Lacivetta New Member

*waves* hi, nice to meet another newbie :)
    Vertigo

Vertigo Mad Mountain Man

Hello and welcome William, it is a very welcoming place as I found out when I joined a few months back.
    Rosemary

Rosemary The Wicked Sword Maiden

Greetings and Welcome to The Chronicles :)
    Dr.Jackson

Dr.Jackson Certified Space Monkey

A belated Hello and Welcome to the Chrons!
    Williamlk

Williamlk WilliamLK

Thank you sir.
    Other than being slightly scolded for trying to post a link to my book, it's been great!

Thanks for the welcome!
    nixie

nixie pixie druid Staff Member

a little late but welcome
    SpaceShip

SpaceShip Outta sight

Welcome William - enjoy!
    chrispenycate

chrispenycate resident pedantissimo Staff Member

"You are allowed your own introduction thread, you know," quoth he, all elder citizen and professor-like. "That way, more people notice you're new, and swarm round to welcome you (or, in one case, attempt to cadge Pringles). And it means everyone knows this thread is where to welcome its originator, should there be anyone who so wishes who has not already done so." (convoluted, me? Totally straightforward, but I don't happen to be facing in the same direction as most of humanity.)

Still, as you are already here, be welcome. You'll find a mass of generally useless informatin, and if some of the inhabitants are a bit strange well, so be it. I haven't tried surfing, myself; the mountains get in the way.

Would you accept snowboarding the fora?
    Williamlk

Williamlk WilliamLK

Wow! now that is an amazing post! I haven't been in FOREVER! Well, not forever, but a VERY long time...anyhoo, I'm back!

I've been busy playing and writing. Extremely busy with both. I won't bore you with the details.