saying hi . . . !!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Allan06, Aug 31, 2010.

Allan06

Allan06 New Member

My name is talha and I'd just like to say hi to everyone. As everybody knows that nowadays forums are the best source of Knowledge, and through forums we can learn a lot. When I heard of the community I thought it would be wonderful to expand to a new community, meet like minded people and share thoughts and services with fellow members.I am sure there's a lot of interesting topics and discussions happening on this forum and wanted to check it out.I was looking for a new forum to join and the higher powers of Google has brought me here! I look forward to meeting you all and wish you the best of success.
    The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

Hi and welcome aboard. :) The giant spider's OK, just a devil for pringles.
    Karn Maeshalanadae

Karn Maeshalanadae Why?

Yes, come right in, sir.....

Don't mind the shrieks of fury and horror coming from the Lounge area, we keep all us crazies locked up there. ;)

Which reminds me, I need to get back to the Asylum for treatment....after all, they say without it I think I'm an elemental who can control the weather.....

I think I'll make it snow today......:D
    Vertigo

Vertigo Mad Mountain Man

Hello and welcome to the madhouse that is the Chrons - Enjoy yourself but expect to start finding you have to get by on less sleep than before. You'll find we are a friendly bunch and even Freda (she's the giant spider) dosen't bite (often).
    chrispenycate

chrispenycate resident pedantissimo

I'm not sure we canmanage much Knowledge with an upper case "K" here; although we can do masses of lower case information. Similarly, expecting this community to be "like mided" – hey, folks, we've got an optimist. I don't suppose the Brooklin bridge holds any interest, for a good price?

No, diversity would probably be our rallying cry, if it weren't for the fact we're too diverse to have one, and probably to rally, either. Although if you were to see a Chronic regular somewhere – say at the Melbourne Worldcon, as a likely bait for drawing some out – you might notice some characteristics that would enable you to identify him. her or it.

The vague look of surprise that the world holds more depth of field than a computer screen, for one; the eyes, bloodshot and suggesting their owner hasn't slept in… well, has quite possibly never mastered the art of sleeping. And the surprise that communication arrives in sound waves rather than text in mid air.

Not that I'm suggesting you will achieve this state immediately; even the most determined of us took several months to get there, and your average – what is this adjective? Suggesting that there might be some social mean against which we measure people? Let it be eliminated, declared abominable, I will see it not…

Welcome in. Do not be surprised if some of the inmates are just a little strange. Naming no names, of course.
    Karn Maeshalanadae

Karn Maeshalanadae Why?

Hey! I resemble that remark! :p :D
    Deathpool

Deathpool Science fiction fantasy

I resemble that remark too. Anyways welcome.
    mosaix

mosaix Active Member

A warm welcome to the Chrons!
    Interference

Interference Destroyer of Words

Welcome to the Source of Knowledge that is The Chrons. Hope you'll enjoy your stay.
    SpaceShip

SpaceShip Outta sight

Hi Allan - welcome to the madness!
    nixie

nixie pixie druid Staff Member

welcome
    Dr.Jackson

Dr.Jackson Certified Space Monkey

A slightly late Hello and Welcome to the Chrons!
    Rosemary

Rosemary The Wicked Sword Maiden

A belated Greetings and Welcome to The Chronicles, Allan :)