Greetings from a new wanderer...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Daezarkian, Aug 2, 2010.

Daezarkian

Daezarkian Demon Accountant

Hello all! I'm a published RPG author/aspiring novelist from the States, popping over here for the first time, and I'm very impressed with all of the resources and information to be found. Hopefully I can get some valuable info and get myself another step closer to feeling like a legitimate author one of these days. :)

In any case, thought I'd just drop in to say hello.

Steven
    Demon Accountant
    Would-Be World Ruler
    The Judge

The Judge Truth. Order. Moderation. Staff Member

Hello there, Steven, and Welcome to the Chronicles.

Everyone will be here shortly making cryptic comments about pringle-eating** kitten-carrying spiders and the hopelessness of ever trying to leave somewhere which has no exits. Fear not. All will become plain eventually. Of course, you'll be as crazy as the rest of us by that time.

And speaking of time, you have arrived just as a new Monthly Writing Challenge has opened -- the place to be seen for all aspiring writers http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/528370-august-writing-challenge-read-first-post.html So show us what you can do in 75 words!

** just to make it clear, she eats the potato-based snacks, not the knitwear. We don't countenance munching on jerseys. Not unless you're really desperate...
    Boneman

Boneman Active Member

Hmmm... it's been known for a long time that the meek shall inherit the earth, but I guess demon accountant is good enough! Welcome to the chrons, have a devil of a good time here. (Speaking of time, there's an excellent 75 word short story competition over in the workshp section of Aspiring Writers - that might be a good place to start world domination...)
    The Judge

The Judge Truth. Order. Moderation. Staff Member

You will also notice that we're pretty one-track-minded here at the moment. We really must get out more. If only it were possible to get out...
    Interference

Interference Destroyer of Words

Welcome, wanderer, rest yourself a while -- then see if you can get away .... *evil laugh*
    Daezarkian

No question: based on these responses, this is my kind of place...
    The Ace

The Ace Aye fur Alba

Hi and welcome aboard. What was said about Freda is inaccurate. Tangle's grown into a very handsome tomcat.
    Dr.Jackson

Dr.Jackson Certified Space Monkey

Hello and Welcome to the Chrons!

Demon accountant eh? So you do the accounts for demons then? Well, I suppose it is very difficult to do all those tax return forms in the fiery Netherworld.
    Teresa Edgerton

Teresa Edgerton Goblin Princess Staff Member

Welcome!

I see you've already taken all of the, um, subtle hints, and posted an excellent story in the Writing Challenge.

As for demon accounting, I must ask my second-eldest daughter about that. She's worked in accounting and she brings a whiff of the netherworld in with her, wherever she goes.
    Daezarkian

The only good accountants are demons or trolls: one for the pain they can give, the other for the pain they can endure. I'm more a giver, personally. :D

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. I look forward to swapping fiction and joining in the general lunacy.
    SpaceShip

SpaceShip Outta sight

Welcome Daezarkian - enjoy yourself here in the madness.
    Vertigo

Vertigo Mad Mountain Man

Welcome Daezarkian; have fun!
    Rosemary

Rosemary The Wicked Sword Maiden

Greetings and Welcome to The Chronicles :)