Sci fi fantasy inspired tattoos?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bunnypeaches, May 1, 2010.

bunnypeaches

bunnypeaches Triceratops.

I've lately been considering some Wheel of Time inspired tats, just wondering if I'm a big geek, or if anyone else has thought about it? Or if anyone already has sci fi fantasy tattoos? There must be a few people here with some Elvish script tattoos, surely! ;)
    Dave

Dave Wherever I Am, I'm There Staff Member

Think carefully before get a Tattoo, you may regret it later. You can divorce your husband, change your job, leave home, get breast enhancements or a nose job, but you will always have that Tattoo until the day you die!
    Culhwch

Culhwch Not actually a dinosaur. Staff Member

There's always laser removal, or more tatts to cover it up!
    BookStop

BookStop If you see a stranger...

I've got a rather large unicorn on my right shoulder. It's not very pretty, and i don't really care for it, but there you go. Don't want the pain and potential scarring of laser removal.

Still like tatts in general, just think beofre you ink.

(am getting daughter a tattoo for graduation - it's what she asked for and she's been mulling for about a year, so I guess she's ready)
    dask

dask dark and stormy knight

I second Dave. Tastes change. What stokes your fire now may extinguish it later. Though I suppose a big SF on the forehead would be okay.
    pyan

pyan Fortiter et recte! Staff Member

Moved to the Lounge...

Or a large H if your favourite character was one Arnold Rimmer...:p
    bunnypeaches

Haha, I love the 'H' idea!

I've already got several tattoos and I always think every tattoo tells a little bit about where you were in your life at that point in time. Regretting a tattoo would be regretting who you were, and therefore who you are now. In my opinion, anyway. Maybe that's a strange way of looking at it, but my tattoos are part of me, and I'd feel naked without them :)
    HoopyFrood

HoopyFrood Iago with a Blackberry

Weaveworld, one of the members here, was thinking about (or got, I'm going to have to check this) a tattoo inspired by an illustration from Stephen King's Dark Tower.

Right *dons fedora* back in a moment.

EDIT: *pant* OK, she was going to get the Tower (beautiful illustration it was) but got a Rose instead...which as the thread says, still an important Tower thing. http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/33470-my-new-tattoo-but-it-aint-no-tower.html

I've always wanted a little Black Dalek.
    bunnypeaches

That is a pretty tattoo, I'm not a Stephen King reader but I like it :) You could have the Dalek done in brown ink and call it a birthmark, surely that'd impress any Dr Who fan?
    Dozmonic

Dozmonic Member

[​IMG]
    My name looks decent in Elvish, but I wouldn't want it as a tattoo I don't think :)
    Majimaune

Majimaune Actum pro novus diem

I have a tattoo in Latin on my arm, starting at my wrist and going up towards the elbow, it is about ten centimetres long. It sure as hell means something to me. In regards to a sci fi/fantasy tatt though, I wouldn't do it. I think I would get annoyed at myself very quickly for getting something like that done.
    Uraeus

Uraeus The Celestial Master

I would definitely get an lotr tattoo, no idea what but I am sure it would look great in those fonts. Maybe runes, or just real norse runes in general.
    Daisy-Boo

Daisy-Boo Purr-fectly crazy

Did you write that yourself?
    Dozmonic

Dozmonic Member

digs

digs Thicker than water

Does this count?

[​IMG]

:eek:
    Karn Maeshalanadae

Karn Maeshalanadae Why?

It possibly could, digs, that looks like he could be a fantasy character.....
    jastius

jastius fairies come at dawn

i like that ten minutes to write your name in elvish link.. mine looks pretty..
    too bad there are no fonts that support it.
    Mr Fraaz

Mr Fraaz New Member

I've been thinking about tattooing a big open book all over my back and shoulder blades. There would be something cool written in it, but I don't know what. When I find out, I might do it.