SG-U: 1.14 - Human

ctg

weaver of the unseen
sgu3.jpg

Rush risks everything and during the experiment he experiences the moments when 'they' recruited him into the program.

Wow. They left Eli, Chloe and soldier boys behind. Well, left, and left. There wasn't much they could do, was there?

During the episode I was thinking about time travel and how plausible it could have been there with that weird Ancient technology. Not to take account what happened at the end, do you think it could had been plausible for him to travel back in time?

Wow. They left Eli, Chloe and soldier boys behind. Well, left, and left. There wasn't much they could do, was there?

Aye, that was quite an ending, Destiny heading of without them. I kept thinking they would be rescued in the last few seconds, like has always happened before.

During the episode I was thinking about time travel and how plausible it could have been there with that weird Ancient technology. Not to take account what happened at the end, do you think it could had been plausible for him to travel back in time?

Travelling backwards in time, via stargate, is already part of the established SG universe. SG-1 ended up going back in time to the 60s in one episode.

Yeah. They did travel through time in the time episode (and that SG movie), but the way Rush going back in his memories and basically telling all people off made me think through their reactions that is it possible? Then again our imagination is such a great tool that we can fill in the caps and maybe Rush really imagined his students going off in a huff when he told the f* off. But the way Daniel kept coming back made me also think about the Ancients in the Farscape as they used one to explain Chriton what's what.

About the 46, do you think it's going to be that easy?

It could take several months or several years to decode, and it seems unlikely from what Rush's (perception of his) wife said that Rush has several years left. At least that's how it seemed to me.
Maybe we'll see Rush become a bit more sympathetic towards the rest of the 'crew' now that he's had a minor epiphany. Or perhaps he'll be as antagonistic as usual - I reckon that the friction is good for the show.

Strictly speaking he's been both irritable/antagonistic and suicidal (i.e. exploration for the sake of science at any cost, because he's not bothered about getting back). He might tone down the antagonism but he's still got no particular reason to go back...

Back