aSoIaF Trivia Game

1. Sandor Clegane.
D. Fled during Stannis' assault on King's Landing, thus quitting the Kingsguard.
I. Rescued Sansa Stark from an angry mob.

2. Ser Arthur Dayne
L. Slew the Smiling Knight.

3. Ser Arys Oakheart
F. Killed during a failed Dornish rebellion.

4. Ser Barristan Selmy
E. Forced into retirement for reasons of advanced age.
H. Rescued Aerys II during the Defiance of Duskendale.
K. Slew Simon Toyne.
J. Slew Malys the Monstrous, last of the Blackfyre pretenders.

5. Ser Jaime Lannister
M. Youngest man, up through ADWD, to serve in the Kingsguard.

6. Ser Loras Tyrell
B. Captured Dragonstone from Stannis Baratheon.

7. Ser Preston Greenfield
C. Died defending Joffrey I from an angry mob. (actually while trying to cut his way to the high septon I think)

8. Ser Rolland Darklyn
G. Killed within an hour of receiving his White Cloak.

9. Ser Terrence Toyne
[FONT=&quot]A. Beheaded for bedding the king's mistress.[/FONT]

Tywin, when did you post this? Forty-eight hours ago?!?! I swear it did not show up on my browser as seeing action.... My apologies. Of course, you got them all right. I was at least hoping to get someone to guess that Terrence Toyne killed Simon Toyne.

And for everyone else, most of these notes came from one chapter in AFFC where Jaime talks to Loras about the history of the Kingsguard... obviously Tywin remembered the chapter well. And next time, I'll tone it down a bit... I tend to post more difficult questions when drinking bourbon.

Remembered? I had to research it. Well worth the effort, I ended up browsing through pages of kingsguard stuff on the wiki for at least an hour after finding the answers that I didn't know.

Tywin, when did you post this? Forty-eight hours ago?!?! I swear it did not show up on my browser as seeing action.... My apologies. Of course, you got them all right. I was at least hoping to get someone to guess that Terrence Toyne killed Simon Toyne.

And for everyone else, most of these notes came from one chapter in AFFC where Jaime talks to Loras about the history of the Kingsguard... obviously Tywin remembered the chapter well. And next time, I'll tone it down a bit... I tend to post more difficult questions when drinking bourbon.

I have the same problem all the time. I now try to remember to check the threads where I might have an open question, even if I don't see "activity" on the title on the page. My browser is IE. I really need to make the switchover to Crhome already.

Famous Night's King, tried to use Night's Watch power in arms to conquer the North and Lands beyond the Wall. Remember him because GRRM made obvious connection between No 13 and first "evil" Lord Commander of the Watch.

The Night's King it is. Also famous for falling in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars...her skin was cold as ice." who he brought back to the Night Fort to rule with as his queen.

Well, guess I'm not the romantic type, conquering part stuck in my memory :cool:

There is one special link in Maesters chain, which is it and why it is special?

Jon, Yoren, Jaqen, and the kindly old man. They're four cooooool cats.

Oh, you mean actual felines? Sheesh, I have a hard enough time remembering human names...

Herself (Cat from the canals).
The cat she chased at King's Landing.
The cat she used to see the kindly man.

Well, actually, methinks that Imp didn't think literally, so here goes nothing...

1. First is hers mother, Lady CAThelyn Stark.
2. Mysterious cat we are all plotting theories about from the King's Landing.
3. Little girl from Brawos called the Cat, witch has surprising similarity with Arya.
4. Unnamed cat (regular feline this time), which served as Arya's first conscious warging host, and helper in passing the exam of the Kindly Man.

Well, actually, methinks that Imp didn't think literally, so here goes nothing...

1. First is hers mother, Lady CAThelyn Stark.
2. Mysterious cat we are all plotting theories about from the King's Landing.
3. Little girl from Brawos called the Cat, witch has surprising similarity with Arya.
4. Unnamed cat (regular feline this time), which served as Arya's first conscious warging host, and helper in passing the exam of the Kindly Man.

Just so :)

I was hoping the Cat in Catelyn might prove to be an aobstacle

Serves you right, for blowing my cover :p

Name valyrian weapons destroyed (smelted and/or reforged) in ASoIaF.